Agnostic.com

13 4

POLL FEMA Will Test a System That Would Allow Trump to Text Directly to Your Phone

Um, he will misuse this to send us all his 'poor me' tweets. What do you think the likelihood is he will misuse this?

• 31 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 4 votes
Ubergooroo 5 Sep 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Apparently the alerts need FEMA approval so we may be ok, even though the alerts will be unblockable.

The local news said this will be like an "Amber Alert" and will be tested on October 3rd. It's supposed to be used only for National Alerts. Hopefully like "I Resign'.

i never know when people text me. i don't have an alert set, i don't check, and i don't text. he could send me an order to show up at the white house and kiss his ass and i wouldn't have a chance to be offended because i would never know.

g

i thought it was to be used only in an emergency of national importance you know if he somehow starts world war 3 or poseidon decides your coast line needs tweeking your last text will be from him and such like on the plus side the test on thursday should give hackers all the info they need to start selling apps to block it

I'm going to disconnect the damned thing.

Might want to check your facts on this one.

I googled it...looks true.

@LucyLoohoo [snopes.com]

@Ktruin [fema.gov]

Sorry. I will block all texts. The hell with that lying bastard. Even now I am getting e-mails from sites I do not know and have never heard of along with a few that I have only looked at in passing. Imagine that this bullshit was all people that you saw on the street in passing and they pestered you to buy a product. This shit is going too far. Modern sites allow that you have agreed by terms of their algorithm. This is worse than insanity. It is wrong and I do not believe that it is even legal.

Give em hell. I'm with you on this.

@freeofgod Thank you, ma'am. 🙂

He can text lies directly to us.

NONONONONONONONONONO! I'm willing to block ALL texts, just to avoid that awful moment when I have to drop my phone into a bucket of bleach!

This should not be in the hands of the impulsive, petulant man-baby in the white house.

I thought that would be against the constitutional rights of citizens. I know that I would not agree with a system that allows trump to text directly to my phone. That's a distraction and a (near) mind control attempt.

I hope there will be a "no call list" we can add our phone numbers to, to say we don't want Trump texting us.

I read it will not be possible to opt out. Thank goodness for caller ID.

@Bendog I just fell in love with you : )

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:180519
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.