Agnostic.com

26 6

LINK Did (a) god create humans

Again from the Brights: Australian study reveals steep decline in student belief that God created humans There are bright spots where the situation is quite unlike that in the U.S. Very interesting graph/study.

JackPedigo 9 Sep 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It makes me so angry that our children are deliberately taught to believe in
garbage that doesn't exist. I will never stop believing that the religious
indoctrination of children should be a crime. Punishable by prison time, and
complete loss of guardianship of any minor children.

Hear, Hear.

The sacredness of religion would have to die. Become just a hobby.

@GoldenMean It's only "sacred" to the delusional. I don't believe they should be indulged.

Quite simple answer .....No. In fact the exact reverse, man created god or gods not the other way round,

Gods didn't create humans, humans created gods.

All of us here know that. Many, others are discovering that hence the link.

That so many still believe in the myths of religion, is the evidence of the power of brain washing. When a child is exposed to that crap, told over, and over that if they don't believe, then they are bad and sinful.. ...that is truly evil...

Rather then answer that, how about "God created cancer, still born children, storms that kill thousands, ants at a picnic, and my favorite...... masturbation........ yippeeee. 🙂

Basically you are saying god is red in claw and tooth. Correct.

I'm new to this site. The point I was making that the god that most believe in is all knowing and all powerful and ALL LOVING...... and they never look at all the ugliness in our world.
There is no god. Never has been. Man created the myth.

@JackPedigo Also Jack, IF there is a god (NOT) he is a mean, nasty, son of a bitch. Nuff said.

Thank God for Masturbation ! If it wasn't for masturbation, human population would be 70 Billion instead of 7.

@rayfunrelax Gods did not create mastubation. Nature did. All sexual things are created by nature, natural selection.

Humans created God. Kind of a no brainer!

No creo en Dios!

The title was not a question but an introduction to the essay.

@JackPedigo I read the article. I was just expressing my first thought. I do that a lot. May the spaghetti monster rain his pasta on you. Take care mate. Boatsailor

No creo en Dios!

@Boatsailor Should I get my colander hat. Just hope the pasta is gluten free!

@JackPedigo I wear one when I go out.

No creo en Dios!

It kinda depends on what you definition of 'God' is......

It's a study of university students, though. I do think that the trend would be similar in the wider Australian population, but not as dramatic.

Why would a most perfect God, create the most imperfect, bloody, stinky world ? If he liked it, why break it ? And if he didn't like it, why make it ?

Current status:

Evidence for evolution = 100%
Evidence for God = 0

Says it all really!

If Genesis 2:7 is demonstrably false, as science indicates, and we are merely intelligent apes, then why invoke a God as a solution to the cosmogony. Adding the spectre of God detracts rather than enhances the intellectual prospects of investigative research.

God has always been nothing more than a premature period (i.e., full stop)!

Progress is being made! Yay!!!?

Interesting numbers. It has been suggested that the same is beginning here in the US. We can but hope.

good on the aussies for this!

g

Who made the God?

A simple question that too many don't want to ask.

Humans created gods. Just look at the variety. Several for each tribe, each geology.

I haven't a clue.

Since there is zero, nine, zilch, nada, kapoot evidence that any god(s) exist, then there is no god(s) that could have created ANYTHING.

Still too low in my opinion (the number of students that trust science), considering that this is a settled issue.

Dietl Level 7 Sep 17, 2018

Anyone who believes in that nonsense after getting a real education and living on the planet for 30-40 years is either stupid or living an unexamined life.

I think the aliens designed us I'll second the other poster on that.....

No, but definitely create gods. It was the answer to the observable before we added the structure of the scientific method to the observable.

Everyone is smarter than USA. When Islam decides it's crap, we are more than left behind. Wouldn't surprise me if that happened.

My question would be since so many here are from other places why aren't we smarter?

if he did it, he had a lot of work hiding the evidences, placing fossils with exact time and place where they should be if it occurred naturally from evolution, including DNA marks and obeying expected mutation accumulation over time.
Also he was very lazy on creating optimal solutions and adapted old solutions in the same way as evolution would do (like our optic nerve going all the way down to the neck and then rising to the brain instead of connecting direct).
But who knows god? he can be the biggest prankster of them all.

He can even make himself invisible and impossible to find.

Do you think people can believe in both creationism and evolution? Is there a separate word for that that isn't completely creationist or evolutionist? That a universe can be created and then when put in motion it can have actions, reactions, and interactions that evolve.

That has been proposed by Ken Hamm and his ARK project. No I don't believe it. It is pure nonsense.

@JackPedigo I sure as hell am not a fan of Ken Hamm, but why do you think it's nonsense?

@Piece2YourPuzzle Because I can think and can see past the weak attempts by religionists to gain some validity. Evolution doesn't need some god (s) to work.
Let's see, God created the Model T Ford which he let evolve into the Prius. BS

@JackPedigo That's not really the concept, but ok.

@Piece2YourPuzzle I'm just trying to make a point that everything evolves. Starting with simple and moving toward complex.

If evolution was taught better we would have more atheists

To me evolution should be common sense. Look around, nothing just happens. Culture, cities even cars evolve. I think a basic lesson should be all that is needed. Unfortunately, too many simply don't want to know because they are afraid.

If our retard schools would drop the fear of teaching science...

In some cases the teacher never gets the opportunity to teach the science of evolution. The parents get wind that the teacher is enthusiastic about the subject and pull their kid out of the class. Or the kid acts out and gets referred to the counselor or assistant principal with the same result. And sometimes they attack the teacher directly on some fabricated charge in order the get him/her to shut up or, even worse, fired. I have seen all of the above in my own classroom (and have so far survived it) so I know whereof I speak.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:181087
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.