Agnostic.com

67 7

Would you settle with a religious person or just stay single?

This doesn’t necessarily mean Christians, but any person who follow a particular organized religions, including Muslims and so on. Hahaha! I’d probably just stay single unless the person was very considerate and could accept me for me, but I know that’s very rare as that person would feel the need to save me from some type of punishment so they’d try to convert me.

EmeraldJewel 7 Sep 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

67 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The key word in your question is 'settle'. I would stay single if I felt like I was settling in any way, religious or not.

I would settle for a nice person that happens to be religious.
I settle for a woman, not a religion, if her religion does not interfere with me or relationship.

Right!

I'm looking for a woman who's a match for me. She has to be confident, sarcastic, fun loving, mischievous and intelligent enough to not believe in imaginary friends. So NO!

SINGLE. This isn't even a close race.

I will stay single, tired of the b.s. of you're atheist but you can change to what they believe because I am not good enough without belief! Ugh!!!

I have never dated an atheist. I have tried and tried to find one, but timing or the lack of an atheist population makes it difficult.

Damn it, I would settle for Godzilla....... (a female Godzilla, of course)

I think If you consider it settling then that's not fair to them either. I wouldn't want a religious person to "settle" for me.
I really does depend on the person and situation though.

MsAl Level 8 Sep 18, 2018

I just wouldn't get along with a believer. I like logical people.

Dated a lot of Christian girls, one pagan. Since it is doomed from the start, I have no time for the nonsense anymore. They often say that they gave no problem with my nonbelief, but give it a few months and they are trying to drag me to church....and then comes the "unequally yoked" speech.

depend easy going no worries fundamental no

Awww, hell. I've been single all these years, why try something new?

Single. No doubt about it.

I will not settle, period.

Singlehood for me. I need to respect a partner. Unfortunately, magical thinking interferes with that. Then there's that whole thnking that I deserve hell thing to contend with. That's sort of a turn off.

Zster Level 8 Sep 17, 2018

I gave up on relationships with women. Decided to be alone with my cats. Read study do photos of bands and such.

Not all religious people are of the same cloth. I know at least one catholic woman whom I love as a friend, and but for the fact that we are friends, I would see no obstacles in loving someone like her, and being loved by someone like her, despite our "religious " differences.

In other words, she is good people, despite her religion.

And to be honest, she may be the only reason why i still remain open to dating religious persons. 🙂

But she is a rarity, I understand.

Absolutely no way Jose. Not in a million years. I have had more than my share of drama and now consider myself a rabid anti-theist.

Accept me and strong chance I'll accept you. For artistic/creative types this is the big one, to be accepted just as we are, many times that's not easy to do. As for a religious partner as long as they leave me out of it I could care less, just so long as they realize I will neither "come to Jesus" nor "find Allah".

Stay single!! Sheesh! It's hard enough learning to get along with another person in close proximity, even if you agreed on religion it would still be difficult. Why throw in that unneeded obstacle on top of it all?

I gave up on match and came here for exactly that reason. At every level they all seem to want to push the agenda. But I do not want to be alone either, thanks to this place I am not now 🙂 Hold out. You will get what you want, not just pieces of it.

You are giving me hope. Thank you

I'm not into settling at all. I have Christian friends that I'm comfortable with. They are not Evangelistic or holier-than-thou. I instinctively feel that they really do not swallow all the myths but choose to use the church as a vehicle for standards and a few good works. If I were attracted to any of them, I think it might work out quite well. I would naturally prefer someone with similar beliefs. Everyone wants to be part of their own tribe.

Single for sure.

Single for sure.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:181216
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.