Agnostic.com

83 11

Would you settle with a religious person or just stay single?

This doesn’t necessarily mean Christians, but any person who follow a particular organized religions, including Muslims and so on. Hahaha! I’d probably just stay single unless the person was very considerate and could accept me for me, but I know that’s very rare as that person would feel the need to save me from some type of punishment so they’d try to convert me.

By EmeraldJewel7
Actions Follow Post Like

Post a comment Add Source Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

83 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No way!

zesty Level 7 Sep 18, 2018

The key word in your question is 'settle'. I would stay single if I felt like I was settling in any way, religious or not.

Anne209 Level 6 Sep 17, 2018

I would settle for a nice person that happens to be religious.
I settle for a woman, not a religion, if her religion does not interfere with me or relationship.

Pedrohbds Level 7 Sep 18, 2018

Right!

Yeah, thinking your partner is a gullible nitwit is a non starter.

Byrdsfan Level 8 Sep 17, 2018

I'm looking for a woman who's a match for me. She has to be confident, sarcastic, fun loving, mischievous and intelligent enough to not believe in imaginary friends. So NO!

Single and happy

falling in love is just a mystical experience. you know it when it happens. You are just both so attracted to each other, you can't take it. BUT......IT TAKES 2 TO TANGLE. You have to both feel the same way. Then after the years go by, you just end up in a nursing home crapping all over yourself again. The only thing I KNOW IS.....YOU are so gorgeous, it makes no sense that YOU ARE ALONE!!! This life is getting shorter and shorter every day.

@FlyingEagle1952 What does my looks have to do with me being alone? It's a choice. I like my life how it is, I don't need a thing, nor do I need anyone to "make it better" This life is MY life and it is of my choosing. I don't want to "tangle"...or "tango".

@Redcupcoffee you are right. it's hard being alone, it's hard living with another person. I have insomnia so bad, I doubt if I can live with anyone again.....after a while the health issues start working on you. Getting old sucks. My daughters are doing great, there is part of me that is ready to leave here. My grand kids will have a hard time. But there is life after death.

@FlyingEagle1952 I never said being alone is hard. For me, it's happiness. I do what I want, when I want and with whom I want. I'm never lonely, I'm at peace. For you, maybe it's hard, but for me, this is what I choose.

@Redcupcoffee My father died when I was 8 years old. Mom was 38 years old. 'she was still a gorgeous woman too. A knock out. We became her life. I have 3 brothers, we all stayed in 1 bedroom. We have no idea how she did it....but she did it. Never went on welfare. She never went to bed with another man in her life. 'well, that's what she chose......and I wanted her to have someone again. My oldest brother didn't. I know by watching my aunts and uncles.....(there is only 1 left now, she is 94....and yes she has a boyfriend, he looks like he is 50, she is 94)........

@Redcupcoffee Eleanor is the only Anderson sister that ever got a divorce and kept men in her life, and I will tell you this......her body stayed together. It kept her young and dancing.
she stayed youthful. All the others just turned into old bags, their bodies rotted away.
Mom told me once, she was sill interested in men but she did not think she could live thru losing another one. Well, that was Mom. But let me tell you.....it was hard on her body. She neglected herself. I don't call it sex.....I call it "romance".....and there is a trick to keeping romance in your life. At this time in my life, music fills my life up romantically.......it's still a romantic thing to me. Not like it used to be.....but I love Sinatra and Tony Bennett......I saw Frank when he was 74....whoa....what a showman. They said Elvis was pretty electrifying. You have to keep going to the gym, work out....and stay in the game. Just go to Walmart and look at all the people who have no romance in their lives. They just eat food. A lot of people look like they have 4 babies hanging over their front belts.....No....these people have some serious mental problems. I'm in North Carolina right now....outside Raleigh......there is less obesity here, but in Galesburg, Illinois......forget about it......my grand kids lift me up, they give me purpose.......my batteries will be recharged and I will start teaching again when I get back home. Got some things I'm working with my music.....who knows, maybe I will run into someone special.....ha ha

single. been living proof for a decade

SINGLE. This isn't even a close race.

I will stay single, tired of the b.s. of you're atheist but you can change to what they believe because I am not good enough without belief! Ugh!!!

I have never dated an atheist. I have tried and tried to find one, but timing or the lack of an atheist population makes it difficult.

Damn it, I would settle for Godzilla....... (a female Godzilla, of course)

IamNobody Level 8 Sep 18, 2018

I think If you consider it settling then that's not fair to them either. I wouldn't want a religious person to "settle" for me.
I really does depend on the person and situation though.

MsAl Level 7 Sep 18, 2018

I just wouldn't get along with a believer. I like logical people.

Hazydays Level 6 Sep 18, 2018

Dated a lot of Christian girls, one pagan. Since it is doomed from the start, I have no time for the nonsense anymore. They often say that they gave no problem with my nonbelief, but give it a few months and they are trying to drag me to church....and then comes the "unequally yoked" speech.

Reignmond Level 7 Sep 17, 2018

Stay single.

depend easy going no worries fundamental no

weeman Level 7 Sep 17, 2018

Awww, hell. I've been single all these years, why try something new?

Holysocks Level 7 Sep 17, 2018

Stay single

Single. No doubt about it.

I will not settle, period.

Louiseann Level 6 Sep 17, 2018

Singlehood for me. I need to respect a partner. Unfortunately, magical thinking interferes with that. Then there's that whole thnking that I deserve hell thing to contend with. That's sort of a turn off.

Zster Level 8 Sep 17, 2018

I gave up on relationships with women. Decided to be alone with my cats. Read study do photos of bands and such.

Not all religious people are of the same cloth. I know at least one catholic woman whom I love as a friend, and but for the fact that we are friends, I would see no obstacles in loving someone like her, and being loved by someone like her, despite our "religious " differences.

In other words, she is good people, despite her religion.

And to be honest, she may be the only reason why i still remain open to dating religious persons. smile001.gif

But she is a rarity, I understand.

Absolutely no way Jose. Not in a million years. I have had more than my share of drama and now consider myself a rabid anti-theist.

Accept me and strong chance I'll accept you. For artistic/creative types this is the big one, to be accepted just as we are, many times that's not easy to do. As for a religious partner as long as they leave me out of it I could care less, just so long as they realize I will neither "come to Jesus" nor "find Allah".

bamboozer Level 5 Sep 18, 2018

Stay single!! Sheesh! It's hard enough learning to get along with another person in close proximity, even if you agreed on religion it would still be difficult. Why throw in that unneeded obstacle on top of it all?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text 'q:181216'.
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer.
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others!