Agnostic.com

14 2

QUESTION Are you an atheist who nonetheless wants ritual, holidays, reverence for Nature and social community in your life?

Consider checking out Atheopaganism, an Earth-honoring spiritual path rooted entirely in science.

Atheopagan 6 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No I stay indoors for all the major onesI think my holidays are enough pleasure in themselves without me ramping them up with reverence. I enjoy my life - I love gardening watching the birds its all great fun and I enjoy it but its not mystical.

Ritual, as another word for habitual, I'm for. I habitualize to make my life easier, as in always putting things where I'll be able to find them; and always buckling my seat belt before I drive away, etc., etc., no religious contexts. Holidays? Could not care less about them. Reverence for nature, almost, not quite, but almost religious for me. Social community: people are social animals. If you abhor or eschew social community, in my opinion, you need help; or you may as well just admit your a misanthrope and go with that. Sorry if that offends anybody, but it's my opinion and I'm not interested in arguing or re-thinking that idea, so call me whatever you want to, it's how I think.

Let me be very clear, as a follow-up: if this sort of thing doesn't interest you, that's fine by me. I'm not interested in "evangelizing" Atheopaganism; merely to make people aware of it if it's something that will interest them. If your answer to my question is "no", carry on!

Celebration of the human spirit and the joy we share in this world is healthy and necessary for our community of non-believers.

Every day is an Atheist holiday.

If you have inclinations to cultural Judaism, then Humanistic Judaism might be an option. No theistic assumptions or requirements. Many of our leaders and rabbis are atheists/agnostics. We also educate our young generations to make their own decisions, and we don't deny them the opportunity to believe if they choose to do so. We approach Jewish ritual and holidays culturally, recognize the Nature aspect of many seasonal holidays/observances, and foster community and social action for those who want to go in that direction. National/international umbrella organization and many local communities. www.shj.org/

I like to celebrate Yule..cause I love the smell of the tree and the lights..also the food and drink.

I dunno. There is value in ritual for the sake of community. I'd figure I'd start with Festivus and work it from there.

No thanks. I like nature and I want to conserve resources and preserve the sustainability of the environment as much as possible, but I'm not looking for more religious approaches to life.

I am an atheist, and I commune with nature in ways of my independent choosing. I want NO rituals no organized atheist events.

Oy gewalt, another one. No, not interested.

I love nature, but there are just too many religions out there to check them all out. I'm exhausted from listening to everyone's idea of the perfect belief system.

No belief system required. Our cosmology is that revealed by science.

good

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18516
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.