Agnostic.com

13 4

REMEMBER THE CLASSIC CARTOONS?

I miss the Old Cartoons. Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Yosemite Sam, they were classics. I could never get enough of the Wily Coyote. I am having trouble remembering all the Classic Cartoon characters! There was one about a rather large Rooster. All I can remember for sure is that Saturday morning was King for Cartoons.

I would love it if you would share your memories of the old Classic Cartoons🙂

Leutrelle 7 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hong Kong Phooey was my old favorite

Remember Snaglepuss? Exit, Stage Left. I have no idea what it was about but it was always funny.

Elmer Fudd classical remake of Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries was one of my favorites( Kill The wabbit)

I could I forget that one. "Be very quite I'm Wabbit hunting"

Pink panther, speed buggy, hong kong phooey, go go gophers, Felix, gumby....

I loved Pink Panther especially the saxophone.

oh... and Tennessee Tuxedo with his pal Chumlee.

Speed Racer... Hercules....Touche Turtle and Dum Dum...Wally Gator

Very good!

We were talking at work today about how adult some cartoons used to be. Like Merry Melodies seemed real sweet and gentile and then Mae West would strut by.

And Walter Lance was a cad! His ladies were pinup girls.

It's true isn't It

Definitely one the top ten for sure. I can clearly remember that one🙂

I am 63 ... I have fond memories of the old cartoons - Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Flintstones, Huckleberry Hound, Pixie and Dixie and Jinks, Scrappy, Krazy Kat, Snagglepuss (exit stage left), Mickey Mouse and others. The cartoons for kids today - just don't look that good.

SKH78 Level 8 Jan 26, 2018

I had forgot about Huckleberry Hound, and many others I see. You must have been a Cartoon Guru🙂

That was Rooster Cogburn I believe. I loved all those old cartoons

Wrong John Wayne movie with Katherine Hepburn. ...FOGHORN LEGHORN is the cartoon cock of the walk I TELL YA SON

@GreenAtheist it was a long time ago

@btroje yes it has been 57 years ago since my last RKO ORPHEUM cinema with cartoons and Pathe' Newsreels....long ago I chose to read credits and memorize movies while most people just leave missing the music soundtracks in a hurry to drive away to cheaper better food than over priced popcorn candy & pop

@btroje our Atheist hero Gore Vidal was in a newsreel flying his daddy's airplane for the masses @ age 10 but the FAA was invented by Congress now only ultralite planes can be flown without a pilot license

You can probably see most of them on YouTube.

Beany and Cecil. Herman and Catnip. Augie-doggy and Doggy-daddy. Magilla Gorilla. Quickdraw McGraw and Babba-louie. Mushmouth and Punkinpuss. Tom and Jerry. The Adventures of Dudley Do-right. Underdog. Jeez, I could keep going.

Good memory!

@Leutrelle Thanks! Couldn't tell ya what I had for breakfast though. LOL

@KKGator Memory never was my not my strong suit. It is probably why I like to gourmet cook. I don't have to follow a recipe.

Foghorn Leghorn. Boy. Ah say, boy.

I can hear it now🙂

I think my favorite cartoon was the Road Runner, and that insane Wiley Coyote who was always getting caught in his own traps that he set to destroy the Road runner.

enjoy

those were all great. Do you remember the two chipmunks (not chip and dale) and one of them got put in a can of tomatoes?

"Why did you have to be in the last can?"
"I wasn't; I was in the first can. You started on the wrong end".

And people wonder why I have such a weird sense of humor.

Wasn't Alvin one of the names?

They were the "Goofy Gophers", Mac and Tosh. Indubitably.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18523
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.