Agnostic.com

103 12

Was sex more fun when you still believed in original sin?

To all former believers: was sex more fun when you still feared an all seeing, all knowing, wrathful God? For me, agnostic sex is still awesome, but without the fear of eternal damnation, it's not as risky or exciting. I also got a kinky thrill thinking the old guy in the sky was floating on a cloud, judging me. Thoughts?

EricTrommater 9 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

103 comments (76 - 100)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The first time I did it I was still a Christian and I didn’t feel the worthless feeling that church talked about but it was definitely something I felt bad I enjoyed. I still knew I had value as a person but I felt wrong for enjoying it. I learned to separate myself from my sexuality and my relationship with god at the time.
It got better once I started to lose my faith, in a way it was a middle finger to the indoctrination and system.
Don’t get me wrong some church ideas are fun for roll play 😉 but at the time I was religious I felt bad that I enjoyed it.

I don't know, I didn't have sex as a 10 year old

The best sex i ever had when i was single was with Catholic girls, they told me they would go to church and ask for forgiveness, lol and then back they were the next week

No it was a wifely chore to a dreary Christian husband, to whom I am no longer married to.

He thought if having orgasm without intercourse was a big sin, wasting sperm. That was fine with me if you get my drift. Lol

I do remember during premarital counseling our priest (catholic) told us the the church considers simultaneous orgasm as HOLY. True story.

I was 17 when I married and had no idea what orgasm meant. It was in 1967.

As an atheist since age 13, I am free of guilt and inhibitions.

Sex is wonderful without mental roadblocks.

It was more fun when I had it.

Always just loved it not because of sin feels awesome

bobwjr Level 10 June 21, 2019

I wouldn't know I never believed that crazy bullshit...

I never believed, so I have nothing to compare it to. I’ve also always been bi. Both kinds of sex are just great. Plus solitary sex, lol.
If it turns out there are gods, I guess I’ll ask if they enjoyed the show. 😁

Bummers! I've missed out.

It didn't matter...always good!

On taking his date up to lovers lane, he tried to put the move on her and she rebuked him. To which he said “ if you are not here after what I am here after, you will still be here after I am long gone. Never had the nerve to say that to my teenage dates

It's a pity those pedo priests didn't feel a sense of guilt.

Ummmm, fantasizing about some gawd watching? Just no.......

It was the opposite for me.

Nope never cared about that

I still waiting to find out.

I "Lived in Sin" for almost 20 years without realising it. Although we are both atheists, we got married in a Catholic church in order to please some members of our two families, and anyway, we enjoy a bit of "ceremony"
The Priest who officiated was rather elderly (He had officiated at my mother's wedding!) and had also been invited to the reception. (He loved a good, well lubricated party and told the most outrageous jokes)
Anyway, he forgot to actually register the marriage with the Government registry, or even to sign our marriage certificate. It was only when we applied for a certified copy of our marriage certificate - and they couldn't find it - that we went to the church where we had been been married. The new priest looked at our certificate and pointed out it had no signature on it, something we hadn't even noticed. He looked up the old church registration books, and found the stub of our certificate, which had been signed, He therefore notified the authorities 18 years after the event!
We immediately wrote to our teenage children, who were at boarding school, starting the letters off with "Hello, you little bastards". What a shame we didn't know we were being sinful. It would have added extra spice to our life!

No, it started being fun when I stopped acting like I was "supposed to"

You can still think about Sexy Jesus.

Jesus, to the disciples, "Remember boys, you should turn your other cheek."

A good friend never enjoyed sex (EVER) because she kept thinking of god looking down and watching her. Something very kinky about that. Luckily...it never bothered me. 🙂

Never bothered me in any way. Go find other ways to get the thrills....need suggestions?

Not sure I ever believed in original sin. That sure never bothered me. When young I worried about parents. I always avoided still married women. AND, Never, ever date a good friend's ex, even if he initiates the idea and presses you to do it.

Never gave to a thought, then or now.

Hell no. I didnt believe in God before I ever had sex.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18531
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.