Agnostic.com

28 3

If you could go back in time and undo something in your past, would you?

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Definitely. I would go back to the night in 1995 when my brother was murdered and chain him to something so he couldn't leave the house.

Wow, that hit me. I would give my one trip to you so you could do that.

I do not think that I would change anything. The mistakes that I made and the heartaches that I endured are teaching moment and they made me the person that I am today.

Your mistakes are the only thing you can really call your own.

I would go back in time and slap some sense into my younger, know it all arrogant, stupid self. I would tell myself to ignore what everyone is saying to you, just do it. Ditch your friends make new friends, grab your God d^^^ textbooks and find someone to help you.

Nope. I like who I am, and everything that happened is part of what made me who I am.

d_day Level 7 Jan 27, 2018

I would need several trips. Anybody have a TARDIS I could borrow?

I'd go back to 2008 and grease Tyree's helmet.

godef Level 7 Jan 27, 2018

You betcha. Most of my "mistakes" I own up to, but there is one that I wish I had never done.

All I will say is that the grass is NOT greener on the other side.

Absolutely. I hurt someone (emotionally) once, and I regret it.

Not that I haven't hurt people since, but that particular time seems egregious to me, and I would prefer to undo it.

I would change my birth parents to Mr. and Mrs. Gates. Failing that, I would settle for Mr. and Mrs. Buffet. Either Jimmy or Warren would do for my name.

I would go through my 20's and early 30's differently. I struggled with serious chronic depression at a time when people didn't understand it, and I was battling stigma as well as my own emotional pain, and as a result I also became something of a recluse. If I had gotten support sooner I feel it would have saved me a lot of years of misery and heartache, because it took me a very long time to turn it around. I am healing the past and learning to not live in regret, but I wish it was something I understood sooner. As a result I've become something of an advocate for mental health awareness.

I can pick and choose certain events from my past that I wouldn’t do again, but then I wouldn’t be where I am today. I’m not rich, I don’t have a career and I am pretty much alone in my life as far as close family ties. One thing I am is quite content and I had to go through all that bullshit to get here.

If I could really undo something from any point in my past, I'd take myself out of Catholic school.

Knowing how it turned out, I might have not focused on baseball so much. Or maybe I would have trained harder or longer.

I turned down a very good job offer because I was convinced it was not God's will for me. If I had accepted it my life would have taken a much better course and I would have made much more money. Sucks that I was a Christian then.

That does suck. Damn religion poisoning everything.

Hard call, as a teen I swam out and brought a brother back to shore, had I not done that, I can't help but think life would have been so much better for the rest of the family.

There was this time yet again another time well maybe not, chose a wiser path any way. There was the incident no never mind would not change that one either.

Oh yes, damn near daily..

Go back and say goodbye to my mom before she died.

If I were to change one thing, it would change everything else from that moment forward. STILL... I sometimes wonder if it would be worth it. I've often done thought experiments where I went back and fixed a mistake, and then tried to imagine what happened as time progressed. But there are a couple of things that if I were allowed to change them, I would.

No I don't think so because even my unwise ,unhelpful, decisions helped me to learn and grow, without making mistakes I wouldnt have had that opportunity - It also allowed others to set me straight and give me choices. So I am ok with my past - I leave it where it belongs; in the past.

I would reconsider my decision to not surgically alter Trump's mouth into a sphincter (ass seen in the series "Preacher" - although I think the 'Preacher' version was shotgun surgery)

jeffy Level 7 Jan 27, 2018

No. Everything that's happened, everything I've ever done, have all gotten me where I am now. I like where I am. I wouldn't want anything to change that.

I would have taken advice MUCH more seriously. Everything i screwed up in my youth, I was warned against doing.

Absolutely.

That question was just ask a few days ago. I had a pretty funny post about it. Not repeating it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18702
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.