Agnostic.com

79 10

What movie can you watch over and over?

What is your favorite movie of all time?

Chrissybudleaf 5 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

79 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There isn't a movie in this world that i can watch over and over, would soon get bored. There are thousands of good movies to see so I don't want to waste my time with re watching anything.

Dune

Which version?

@Mokvon what?

@hippydog there are 2 versions of the movie. I own both. Even on the 1984 david lynch version there are 2 the theatrical and the 3 hour director's cut. But the 8 hours version made for the syfy channel is a good film as well.

@Mokvon ive seen both. Many times.. i can watch either one.

Gosh tha's hard because I have so many favorites! But among them are The Green Mile, Forest Gump, Mask, The Legend of Billie Jean, Beaches, and I also love horror films such as the A Nightmare on Elm Street and the Saw movies.

Hmm, more thoughts..
Forrest Gump
Green Mile
The Sting
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Gone With the Wind
My Fair Lady
10 Commandments
Sound of Music
Lion King
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Breakfast Club
LA Confidential
Christmas in Connecticut
Holiday Inn
Quiet Man
Bad Santa
Caddy Shack
Chatty Chitty Bang Bang
The Great Race

I read some stuff by a guy called Scarne. He was a gambling expert and card sharp. He did the switch on camera for the poker scene in "the Sting". Next time you watch it try and see where the switch was made.

Coming to America, goodfellas, friday, scarface, and pulp fiction

june Level 4 Feb 15, 2019

Split. Rocky Horror Picture Show. Living in Oblivion. Star Wars. Superman.

Also Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me. But i like to go back to the series and burn through..then do movie.

@Dandewine Did you see "Twin Peaks: The Return" yet?

@greyeyed123 i was watching it...not sure where I left off..i should finish( or start over).
Kyle McLaughlin and Laura Dern are awesome.

@greyeyed123 when Laura Dern came on as Dianne I was screaming

@Dandewine There are slow parts, but I don't mind (they kept saying it was a single movie with 18 chapters--which isn't exactly right since several episodes here and there hang together more than others). Some of the best film making Lynch has done is in The Return, and it resonates with everything he has done before, not just Twin Peaks.

It is also quite sad that so many of the actors featured in it died soon after.

@greyeyed123 true on both counts. I couldn't get through eraserhead...but loved Wild at Heart and others that cannot come to my mind. Today was a rough day.

@Dandewine I always expected I would love Eraserhead, but the few opportunities I had to start watching it never saw me finishing the movie.

Ironically enough, it is Christmas Story.

And the whole country agrees with that! 24 hours of it on Christmas and we watching them all.

@Dandewine Yes IKR...every Christmas lol. ??

The Burbs

The Outsiders. i can't believe i'm the first person to say it

Stay golden, pony boy.

made for my papa

True Romance is the other.
[imdb.com]

The Godfather, Parts 1 & 2.
The Philadelphia Story. (Just watched it again last night as a matter of fact.)
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
The Wedding Date.
Flying Down to Rio.
The Quiet Man.
Excalibur.
Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Dune.

Slaughterhouse-Five, a 1972 movie based on Kurt Vonnegut's book of the same name. Vonnegut said of the movie:

"I love George Roy Hill and Universal Pictures, who made a flawless translation of my novel Slaughterhouse-Five to the silver screen ... I drool and cackle every time I watch that film, because it is so harmonious with what I felt when I wrote the book."

The recent classics (Gladiator, The Matrix, Alien/s, Master Commander) definitely.

For more recent films:
1: Ex Machina,
2: Contagion,
3: Spotlight (so good! It was all in the story telling, acting, cinematography, directorship, etc. The best thing is it had minimal use of music - which is used a lot of times to control/dictate your feelings.),
4: Interstellar (I like how this movie interprets our current understanding of space-time into a narrative.)

I'm a bit of a movie buff. There's quite a few others I can re-watch over and over.

Oh yes, Master and Commander is brilliant. I started reading the books, which are great, too.

@Pmabz Yeah. I started reading them about 10 years ago after seeing the movie. Although fiction, History Buffs YouTube channel reviewed the movie for its historical accuracy. Good viewing (as is usual with his other movie reviews).

Red, Red 2, any of the Bob Hope Road movies, A Christmas Story, The Princess Bride

I love the Red, Red 2 characters!!!!! Are you here to kill me?

Gotcha, The Villain, The Princess Bride, the Monty Python movies, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, the uncut version of Caligula, and every Jimmy Stewart movie except "It's a Wonderful Life." Don't care for that one. I prefer The Man Who Knew Too Much, Rear Window, or Vertigo.

Old star wars, grease, lotr (also have read them many times), I am legend, 28 days later, most mel Brooks movies, airplane, scary movie 3, min, Monty python movies, mad Max, and the shining.

Somewhere in time

I don't feel like answering this again... it has been asked a number of times already.

All the Star Wars....all the Harry Potter....all the Hunger Games

Also:
NottingHill
Edge of Tomorrow
Both Pacific Rim films
Saving Private Ryan
Forrest Gump
Castaway

anything with Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire

and pretty much every superhero movie ever

There are a few but currently The Martian ?

The Matrix Trilogy - The Princess Bride - oh and "The Quiet Man" at least once a year on St. Patrick's Day - because my parents loved that crazy movie.

My Cousin Vinnie!

"Blade Runner"...A lot of it is the look and atmosphere. It is the same with "Casablanca", "The Maltese Falcon" and" Frankenstein".

Moulin Rouge

Atecc Level 4 Feb 15, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19169
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.