Agnostic.com

30 6

Seems like as safe a place as any to ask this! Many men say they like a strong woman. But, in action, I have seen many slink away after initial attraction. I don't respect game playing, I.e., withholding interest or affection to keep a man hooked. But, honestly, is that what some/many men want? I hate to generalize, but the experience repeats! Is an attractive, confident woman who admits she likes you to easy? or scary?

Lydiaeli 6 Jan 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like confident women. A confident woman can be strong when she needs to be, and soft at other times. Being strong all the time may be an overcompensation. If a man is intimidated by a confident woman, that's his issue, not yours.

So - are you equating strength with confidence? Maybe us dudes can answer better if you define these words a little more.

In my experience, a good match is really rare, so if someone retreats, I assume they just felt it wasn't a match.

skado Level 9 Jan 29, 2018

How do you mean strong? If someone is intelligent this is an asset. If they are aggressive this means that they are driven and want power, power gets capital and capital can buy things. If a woman is passive aggressive can bee seen a deceitful. There are a lot of factors that come into play it is hard to just say. Some woman carry authority better than others. Just the example of Diane Sawyer she is strong but shows vulnerability. Roseanne Barr just intimidatingly aggressive. Think it just depends how the woman is perceived.

The word is not aggressive but assertive.

I can say that personally I prefer women who have a strong sense of self and a high level of confidence. People like that tend to be more interesting to me and challenge my world view. I find engaging on an intellectual level exciting when my partner is capable of making me rethink my position.

Actually, I find it refreshing to find a confident woman who has no problem telling me she's attracted. Probably because that happens so rarely to me.

Duke Level 8 Jan 29, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19424
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.