Agnostic.com

39 2

Why is it that the fraudulent Church of Scientology still exists?

Marine 8 Oct 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is because there is no difference between Scientology and any other established religion, cause there all fraudulent

Why is it that any of them still exist... I'd imagine the answer is the same for all.... ?

There is no question that the Church of Scientology is nonsense but I guess it's no worse than any other church. How are conventional churches any better or worse than the Church of Scientology?

OCJoe Level 6 Oct 7, 2018

Skillful brainwashing and gullible people.

Why does any religion exist? Christianity has been proven fraudulent (there wasn't a Nazareth in first century Palestine), Mormonism is an absolute joke, there was no Buddha, Muhammed was a bloodthirsty psycopath, etc. But instead of condemning old, obsolete religions, we SHOULD be inventing a new one more relevant to the modern world, based on reality. We could call it---Science.

Same reason any of them do.

Why does the fraudulent catholic church still exist? The fraudulent baptist church? You get my drift?

Is it any more fraudulent than any other church ? Not really. So the question then becomes why do all these fraudulent churches/religions exist ?

On that note, why are the Washington Generals still a team?

Didn't the Romans say the same thing about christianity?

And they weren't wrong.

I was about to say, why is it that the fraudulent Church of Christianity still exists?

@KenChang True

Because it is profitable for someone.

Correct. It isn't a religion. It is a tax-dodging tax shelter.

Why does anyone not in the 1% support republicans? I believe @linxminx hit the nail on the head.

Here's an edit

Why do any churches exist?

Tax Free Hypocrisy as enjoyed by Billy Graham, Joel Olsteen, Jimmy Swaggert, Pat Robertson and the rest of the Southern Christian Leadership who preach Bigotry and Racism.

Someone, somewhere will buy almost anything.

Money and power

For similar reasons that so many people have Ouija boards in their closets, avoid letting black cats cross their paths, consult their horoscope for major decisions, go to church/synagogue/mosque/reading room/temple regularly, and carry/wear rabbit's feet, amulets, and lucky coins.

To make us laugh when we get the blues ??

Because they wield tremendous and dangerous power and influence.

Because they claim to be a "religion", and "somebody" is gettin' paid.

People are idiots all people you just have to find your level

They get to use the same fraudulent techniques as all the other religions.

Because if a celebrity endorses it, it must be true. Lol

ydnil Level 4 Oct 10, 2018

Because some people will believe for very simple reasons: "It's so absurd that no one would believe it unless it was true" or "It must be true, because no one would write such horrible things unless it was true"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:195621
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.