Agnostic.com

40 7

Do you take after anyone in your family?

I look most like my dad (if you colored him differently- you know, whiter lol). But, he's my opposite.

My mother and I are more alike, but still very different. I'm most like a relaxed version of my Aunt that passed away. The comparison between us happens a lot. She was also a freethinker and a bit of a perfectionist, albeit more high strung than I am.

silvereyes 8 Jan 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

40 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I feel like I'm a very balanced combination of both my parents, but also very different from both of them. It's really hard to explain.

They call me Flossie Junior because I am a dead ringer for my blind grandmother, now long deceased. I loved my grandma, she was a wonderful lady. She and I were both petite and our link was my mother, her daughter who towered over both of us.

Yes, my dad and mom were musicians and I follow in their footsteps. I play keyboards, bass, and guitar.

I look just like my uncle on my mom's side, it's a bit striking really. Personally is 100% my Dad's, it is one of the reasons we we're such good friends once I grew up.

No the only thing I have in common with either of them, is my fathers gift to me of opposable thumbs which are enormously fat and short changed at the top joint - I ma expecting arthritis to get into the bottom knuckle very soon as its already started - so apart from hideous woefully unfit for purpose thumbs I am fine, Just fine.

I take after none.

No, I am the only atheist.

I look like my Dad to the point where I have been mistaken for his sister's daughter - or as my Aunt herself (only in a time machine). I have my Mom's chin. I think I have more my Mom's personality? But not positive will have to ask a sibling. Both parents believed in their faith - and knew before they passed that I did not. So that difference.

No, and I prefer to believe I am adopted.

Well I have been told that my shithzu has my eyes.

No. Sure different family members influenced me an of course there is the family resemblance but I am definitely my own person. My whole family is made up of very unique individuals. None of us are alike. A few similarities sprinkled here and there but that's about it.

no, but my nephew is like me

I take after my nephew when he steals my beer.

jeffy Level 7 Jan 30, 2018

Some traits from my mother and some from my father .Some characteristics from neither.I look more like my fathers side of the family

My dog .I am non judgmental,un selfish, not materialistic, do not care about fads or fashion,enjoy physical activities,loving,loyal and do not hold grudges

If more people possessed all these traits the world would be a better place

I look like my paternal aunt..about the same height and stature..face and hair..the whole bit..her boobs are a bit bigger...other than that I look like her daughter..amazing really, and she's 94 in goodish health and still writing her poetry..

Nope.... I got part of my mom's side. I'm rated above average. Just a little above.

I definitely take after my father. Both laid back, both intelligent (I think), same way of thinking in situations, same sense of humor, both loyal and caring, and both will mess you up bad if you cross us. I'm also kind of like his sister. My mother and I are two polar opposites for the most part.

No I am night and day different in personality,religion.sports,eating arts education political party and every thing else. I am a very well organized person who hates clutter.

i

I am very well organized

i love it.

Physically I am a fairly equal mix of both parents - I have my mom's face and physique, and my dad's coloring. The things that come out of my mouth sound like my mother, but the older I get the more I realize how alike my dad and I are personality-wise.

I’ve always looked like my dad but as I’ve gotten older people say I’m starting to look more like my mom. I have the most in common with my mom and we mostly share the same political and social views. The big difference is that I’m Atheist. My mom’s not super religious but she is a believer. I don’t really have any common ground with my sisters.

I get my hair color from my Mom and my complexion from my Dad. I get my sense of humor from my Dad, Mom didn't have any to spare. I was really surprised one day while walking toward a glass door to see my Dad on the other side walking toward me. Then I realized it was my own reflection.

The only family trait I seem to have is my eyes my dad has blue eyes.

I look a lot like my sister and my mom, says everyone who's ever met us. My sister says I behave a lot like my dad, though I haven't spoken to him in twenty years. She says I have a lot of the same mannerisms. And I can be totally grouchy like my late grandfather.

My father died before I was 2 years old and I don't have any memories of him, but his friends said that I act just like him.

Yeah, I had seen that on people not raised by a parent and yet is like if they were. My ex complained of many mannerisms of my son, specially my tailored disdain act that he accentuates getting real close to her to force her to raise her head up to look at him. That is when she wants to kill him.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19644
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.