Agnostic.com

51 2

What matters most in a potential spouse?

Be realistic and honest are things like wealth more essential to you for a happy future than, looks/personality/charisma, etc.?

paul1967 8 Oct 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

51 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Compassion,calm demeanor,easy going,not argumentative,simple needs.

Personality, compassion, empathy, and love. Physical attraction is a smaller piece of the equation as I grow older. Shared interest and values are kind of important also.

Physical attraction is the trigger without it I wouldn't start a relationship. If the goal is a "living together" type relationship many factors play a role.

Loving each other everyday your together, and missing each other when your apart.

It's personal preferences. I wouldn't date a non athletic person since I'm athletic. I also wouldn't date a believer nor a conservative because I would have to practice restraint on the daily from putting a pillow over his face when he slept.

Honesty and good communication.

Compassion and empathy. All good things flow from those, and the details work themselves out from there.

In a word (possibly two words), common decency 🙂

Most? Character.

That they don’t have another one or two tucked away somewhere. It happened to my cousin. She married a trooper in the Household Cavalry. He already had a wife and two kids about 100 miles away. She and the other wife became great friends, as did their children. Soldier boy lost his honourable discharge (he was still in the army when he did the deed), his pension rights, and stayed at one of Her Maj’s secure hostelries for a bit less than a year. He had no right of access to his kids, not that they wanted him to, and had a portion of his income (he has a successful up market chauffering business) garnished for maintenance until they were adults. I do go on!

Unearthly tolerance, apparently.

Compatible humor, mutual respect, and complimentary conflict resolution skills.

Honesty and chemistry.

A sense of humor.

For me it would be emotional stability.

Compatible sense of humor.
Hobbies that we can at least participate from time to time.
Emotional stability.
Similar approach to conflict solving.
Similar ambitions on personal/professional life.
At least will to take care of looks/physical and mental health.
Civilized distance or plans to reduce it

Personality, IQ, honesty. Likes to discuss things and lets her opinion be known.

Must love animals!!!
Must be more intelligent than I am.
Must love adventure.
Must be able to put up with me and my non-mainstream ideas and lifestyle.
Must not be clingy and need to know where I am and what I’m doing at all times.

Compatibility, caring, faithful.

A spouse that is unashamed of, and completely comfortable with, their own wealth.

Boat ownership or willingness to consider owning a boat. Own tackle. Liberal politics. Cosmopolitan and global tastes in foods and beverages. Novel reading. Loves dogs. Laughs at my jokes. I'm obviously going to die alone. 😉 Alas.

Just never lie
anything else maybe diffrent and changable

for me human connection orbits more & more around kindness as the alpha & omega to functional, enjoyable & evolving relationship - & i want no other.

I have been single for about two years now, and I honestly have zero desire to re-marry! A potential partner, however, yes, that has appeal!

After being with my now-ex for 40± years, I have been thoroughly enjoying being single for about two years now, and I honestly have zero desire to re-marry! A potential partner, however, yes, that has appeal! I have my own money, so I am not looking for someone to take care of me, but ideally he has a similar economic situation so we can travel, explore, dine out, whatever, and there is no discomfort about one being able to afford what the other cannot. I want a gentleman with solid communication skills, decorum, sense of humor, and just wants to be with me to do whatever!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:196852
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.