Agnostic.com

33 5

Am I the only person on this site who doesn't have a pet?

Living in rural Ireland we tend to keep our animals outside ( as god intended as it were) I see a lot of this sites users with their pets. Now I like animals ok, in fact I haven't eaten one in nearly 40 years but where in the house do you let them roam? Are there boundaries?

• 2 votes
  • 7 votes
  • 50 votes
  • 12 votes
diabhal 7 Jan 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've had my girl longer than any man. Came close to another relationship, but he wouldn't accept that she and I are a package deal. That was the end of that. I could never be with someone who doesn't respect her importance to me. His loss, not mine. I've still got my girl.

What kind of pet?

@BlueWave Her Royal Cuteness is a pitbull/German shepherd mix.

@KKGator That's cute -- her royal cuteness. My friend -- the one who I mentioned fed her do people food basically at the dinner table -- said about her dog: "He's not a dog, he's a real boy." And, she meant it. LOL!

@Stevil Nah. If she liked you, and you showed her attention, I wouldn't be pissed at all. If she's happy, I'm happy.

I don't have one but I borrow from my loved ones. And pets know that I am trainable.

110 lb dog in house mostly...access to run the fenced half acre several/many times a day in all weather...and walk the town on a leash at times. And a 12 lb pterodactyl cat indoors. ...that's polydactyl...lol

Love polydactyls! My first kitty was a tuxie with the biggest front paws.

working dogs outside. corgis inside and outside. One does get in my bed. Cats in and outside. I have to confess I have had an alpaca mom and her newborn inside when it was born outside in 14 degree weather at night.Once warmed and nursing it was back outside.

My wife and I have up to 150 or more animals out side and 40 inside. Our house is only 1000 square feet. We are known appropriately as ladeauzoo.

Okay, would you mind elaborating a bit? What kinds of animals inside? What kind outside? Why so many? Are you rescuers? Do you keep all of them for life?

@BlueWave My wife is an occupational therapist. Long story short we do free petting zoos for nursing homes, schools, fundraisers such as orchard of hope,etc, We have farm animals of all sorts, alpacas, llamas, horses, miniature horses, burros, goats sheep pigs, chickens geese, ducks, rabbits outside. In side are sob story dogs 6, cats 6, a miniature pig, chinchilla,and conure parrot. Many are rescues, most are service animals of some sort or another.

The best story I have is I met a woman whom told me she worked for hospice and a lady brought a kid goat in. The patient said that was the best day there, she was literally there to die. After a few questions I realized that was my goat and my wife!

@Irishathiest No, but my wife middle name is "animal hoarder"!!!!

I do not have any pets of any kind. I do not want ANYTHING I have to feed, cleanup after or take care of.

I don't have any pets at the moment, though I used to have cats, and they were free to roam in and out when the choose to. I had never heard of anyone having inside only cats until I watched Animal planet with that cat guy can't remember his name. I could never keep cats inside all the time. Though when thinking about it, it may depend on where you live I guess.

Sacha Level 7 Jan 30, 2018

I have mine inside because too many predators and birds of prey around my house.

Cat and ferrets live in the house, dogs guard the backyard, rabbits tend the front, chickens and ducks guard the coop sometimes the rooster tries to guard the coop from me I tell him, the big dummy I bring the food.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19726
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.