Agnostic.com

125 12

Would you move for love?

If you met the perfect person for you on this site would you pack up your whole life to take a chance for love?yes or no ? No matter the distance?

Wchairgal 4 Oct 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

125 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If I felt that there was a great connection....then maybe!

agree. connection is must

Yes. If it was serious and the person was trustworthy,

Definitely. Jamestown is a shithole. If I didn't have children I would have left years ago by myself

There are a lot of qualifiers but absolutely. Besides I love to see new places

I already have, twice! Once it didn't work out relationship wise but led to a great career and the most recent time it's just great! I love taking a leap into the unknown to see what will happen!

I'm planning to move when I can and would love for the move to be to somewhere there was a loved one waiting for me. Love could be part of the equation but wouldn't be the main reason for the move. My main reason is wanting to get out of a toxic environment and to some place where my community will be at least somewhat supportive and accepting.

God no. I like my whole life where I am. I wouldn't trade it for some vague notion of "a chance for love."

I would. But not at the drop of a hat. There would be some preplanning involved. Traveling there several times. Securing a job at their location is important. I would also have a plan b, somewhere to go or someone to call, just in case things fall through. But, yes, overall. 🙂

Exactly...not on a whim, but after visiting, and doing some research, etc. The post did not ask about any timeline...it could take months or even years...but my answer would still be "yes"...

Exactly. This is something nobody in their right mind should do on a whim. That would be nuts. You need to have spent a lot of time getting to know the person, their family and friends. Visited several times and vice versa and really talked about the seriousness of what moving in together entails.

Yup, im in this situation right now, but i have about nine months to think about it.

nine months is there a package arriving LOL just kidding you. Your age you can do just about anything you want. if it turns out wrong you have tone of time to readjust. Good luck with your life.

@benhmiller yes ... A little package... More like a bundle of joy... ? = ?

Not at this time. I take care of my ninth year old mom. If I left she would have no one.

If the place is nice, I can find a job there and not be economically dependent, why not?

No. With my luck I'd move and we'd be broken up in like a week. Then I'm stuck whereever...

That is exactly what happened to me. I moved 8 hours away where she was the only person I knew, and a week later, 'I think we should just be friends.'

@Holysocks That sucks! I thought driving 45 minutes was bad.

The only reason not to would be money.

We are mostly a virtual entity here. No body, no possessions, no personal life....only thoughts. How can someone become the perfect person when all we get is digital thoughts?

@josh_is_exciting my point exactly...wanna meet in person, go out do things, talk to people, get turn down and then pick up.... None of those things can happen here by just exchanging messages, which is basically the purpose of this site, to share and have conversation on ideas.

@ProudMary likely that's the case.....I usually respond too fast. There is always a risk to land at the wrong side of the fence. Anyhow, I see it now. Thx

For True Love YES The relationship I just got out of (11 years) I moved from America Denmark be with her. I have a huge heart that needs be filled and I usually follow my heart

I can't...I run an animal sanctuary and am responsible for 70 lives.

IMO there is no such thing as a perfect mate.

so true oh don't you know it.

I did when I was 19. Cross country. Married for 17 years. Going through a rough patch right now but concidering its the first major one we’ve ever had we are working on it.

Love of an adult - No

Definitely. Neither time nor space would prevent me from being with my loved one. Love at a distance is a deep quagmire and a no-no for me. Had such an experience (me in China, her here is Canada) and it ended badly when I moved back and we started a face-to-face relationship.

Yes I will 🙂

rajga Level 2 Oct 28, 2018

No way. I am way too comfortable. Change is bad!

I did.

I can't for the next two years and 8 months because I am finishing graduate school and will be working towards my clinical license in the state of Florida.

No. 5 kids...would be sacrificing my relationship with them unfortunately.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:197613
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.