Agnostic.com

125 12

Would you move for love?

If you met the perfect person for you on this site would you pack up your whole life to take a chance for love?yes or no ? No matter the distance?

Wchairgal 4 Oct 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

125 comments (101 - 125)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ab so tiv lee

To chase love is to chase happinesses. It's to decide that you will throw yourself into the swirling, maddening and restless chase we're all trying to enter. Because love is the ultimate destination, is it not? It's the reason we move, every day. It’s the reason we get up and fight through the bad. It's the reason we keep going, trudging on, meeting person after person. It's the last goal, the final frontier and the only thing worth moving for. If you think you've found it… in a person... if you yearn, you must go there. Chasing love is not irresponsible, it's honest. It's admitting that there is no greater chase, nothing more important. Because if you're not chasing love, what are you running after? Love isn't infinite. It can be found in a moment, a single dose or a fleeting romance. It can be a year of perfect love with someone who isn't supposed to stay in your life. Love isn't defined by its length but its capacity to touch you and change you. Just because it doesn't last doesn't mean it wasn't real. You must leave for love but you also must realize when that love no longer remains. You must be strong enough to walk away from finished love to find new love. You must flee the suffocation that comes from stifled love and keep your heart open for more. You must never settle, never give in to the idea that you can't have another one. Because the world is full of things to throw your heart into, things to make you weep and realize (yet again) why you're alive.

Yep, I would move for love.

That is definitely a hard one. It really depends on the timing. For now, I don't have many roots so I would but under different circumstances perhaps not.

Maybe.

I have, but can’t imagine it happening again. I’d need to fix up and sell my house, and find a job once I got to wherever. Maybe if money weren’t a concern I’d do it.

Most definitely would not

I did

zesty Level 7 Oct 11, 2018

No

@maturin1919 right?
You had me at No. ?

In a word no

sunnn Level 4 Oct 11, 2018

Possibly but not until after my youngest graduates this year

@CoastRiderBill I can’t imagine wanting to move in with someone any earlier than that anyways. I just got my independence a year ago, not looking to move in with someone anytime soon

Yes. No qualification.

How do you determine if they're "perfect for you" at long distance and then it's a "chance" for love?

If I was sure yes, but I've done it once already and I was wrong, so for me to be sure is quite a stretch.

I have to go with perhaps.

I did that once and it was a mistake. I said never again but now that time has muted that bitterness, I have mellowed to maybe.

Absolutely yes!

good question it takes much more then just chatting online to know they are the best choice. If I felt it was the best choice I would.

Yes, for the right woman I'd move. But I have family considerations. I would not want to move farther then my mom could manage for a visit, and with her health issues an airplane is not an option, so 6 hours drive is about my limit currently.

Yes of course. My kids still live in the area and my friends are here, but they can call me.
Of course, the destination has to be something we could agree on.
I'm holding out for a beach house in Fiji where I can fish in the surf. There will be a waiter who will carry a pitcher of Coconut Margaritas down to my spot every couple of hours.
Any takers?

It is not likely to happen. My mortgage is less than $200 and that makes it special.

I just built my dream house.... So I would not be up for this.

I can't even if I wanted to.

As is, I can't. Somewhere down the line, maybe. Now though, not in the cards. Life is too complicated right now for that to even begin to be a possibility, not that I don't want out of this state ASAP. Now if it was someone who was "The One" then once life became possible I would go for it, but only when it's viable of an option and the groundwork laid out.

Yup! Definitely.

nope

i have stayed for love when otherwise tempted to move.

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:197613
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.