Agnostic.com

125 12

Would you move for love?

If you met the perfect person for you on this site would you pack up your whole life to take a chance for love?yes or no ? No matter the distance?

Wchairgal 4 Oct 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

125 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Easy for me, as I have been wanting to get out of this area anyway, I do have the ability to pack up and if I had an opportunity.

Hard to say as I am happy with my current relationship. I think I would depending on the situation. Children's needs would play a role, and culture and language would matter as well. Also the size of your spiders. Once dated a Aussie and the stories she told about giant poisonous spiders be scary.

Yes. Assuming I don't risk losing financial stability its an easy choice.

Stig Level 5 Oct 13, 2018

No, and the simple reason is that good friends are hard to come by in the first place, at any age, and at this point in life, when I am older and not working, I want to hang on to my longtime friends and not lose them by moving to be with some woman, who, may eventually die or split from the relationship with no warning. Plus, I've already moved plenty in my life and I'm sick of it.

I live in central California. I’d move for a decent Greek restaurant. So yeah.

I would do anything for love..
But I won't do that .....
Mmmm....feel a song , coming on !!
Sorry...my cynicism has no boundaries .

But your love does mmmm

If it's the right situation for both parties, why not ??

Probably not, unless I was 10000000000000% sure it would work out

Very probably. It might be a while before I would move but given the right circumstances, I'm outta here.

I don't know. I haven't seen too many good results from that. It would largely depend on where they are and whether or not something could be worked out via LDR.

Have to keep the option open for sure.
I have in the past and will again if I feel it is the right thing to do

I've done it once and it was the biggest mistake of my life. Never again.

Yes. I would "move for love".

For me this is a definite maybe. I'm old enough now that where I move to is a factor. I'd love to retire sometime in the next 10 years to a tropical climate (I know a lot of members here are in FLA, so that's a plus! LOL!) I'm tied to my current location for several reasons, so if the other person had the flexibility to come to me, should we fall for each other completely, that'd be good. My daughter is 16 and still lives with me part-time, another thing keeping me grounded for the time being. I suppose my answer would be yes if I had the freedom to pick up and go, but where I move to would be a consideration. Not looking for blissful love in South Dakota, y'know?

I would absolutely relocate for love. I was in the process of doing that recently, but we have put it on hold for a while. You never know what the future holds.

Perhaps. It all depends in where, honestly.

Well I think if done practically it would be doable and for me it would take some work..both parties would need to be willing to make the trek to another and preferably take turns visiting one another.

Then if still interested both need to really ask if they could manage to find suitable work in the other's location and then ask..Ok what's more...practical..who makes more money? So who would be better suited to support then other while they were finding a job?

I haven't done it before but I've been in the situation where it became a possibility so I've thought the matter out some myself.

I would need a little time to get a manager for my business and get it running efficiently....and then, yes, I would move anywhere in the world EXCEPT Islamic controlled countries or places where the government was in turmoil.

No.

It would take a drastic change in circumstances. My house and car are paid for. Humble as my house is, it's home. My three dogs and all the stray kitties I feed daily would hate it if I moved away.

I have several times, and will continue to. My career affords me the ability to work from home, so I try to be as little of a limiting reagent as I can when it comes to where we live.

At one point I surely would, but now I would not. I own my house, and my elderly mother, and grandmother, are living in the same city, and it's up to me to help out.

Hordo Level 6 Oct 10, 2018

Yes

Can't afford it.

A “chance” for love? I’m all for taking risks for loved ones. If it ain’t already something, tread carefully. Perfect on a site can change quickly in person.

Marz Level 7 Oct 10, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:197613
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.