Agnostic.com

22 2

Do you find learning new things exhilarating or do you feel like learning is a tedious chore?

I love to learn new things. I'm an autodidact and I love to look things up that I don't know. It's so much fun to see different views on different subjects. I am constantly learning on this forum. New words are my favorite thing. I love English and Science the most. I find it awesome that I can retain a lot of information. I love a challenge and I also love sharing new things that I've learned to others who may not know of this or that. Do you love to learn? I'm not in school anymore. I feel like I could learn more on my own than to have to pay for it in college.

Sarahroo29 8 Jan 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'll stop learning new stuff when I'm dead. Until then, bring on the knowledge!

I love learning and it doesn't matter what it is, though I'm a little more enthusiastic about some things. The day I stop learning is the day when it becomes the time to step off the list of the living.

I love learning, I learn every day.

Depends if you are forced to learn something or whether you are learning something because it fascinates you. I always find new interests that fascinate me or intrigue me and that usually makes me do plenty of reading and start to learn ... it's really exhilarating to me. I can't imagine a life where I didn't learn something every day.

Real life is much more entertaining than all the fiction in the world.

It depends on what I'm learning.

We learn, every day, whether we want or not....and from people of all races / ages / backgrounds....

Give it to me what ever, I scuk in infromation like a thitsty sponge.

I love to learn new things, but it also depends on what I'm learning. Youtube has been a great resource for how-to videos. I've also been taking a few courses through Udemy, when they have deals on some of their courses I'll sign up. I also try to find inexpensive workshops or meetings that I can go to. Creative projects, writing, and theater are my favorites.

I love learning yet I hated school but I get to choose what may help me or seem to.

It really depends on what it is I'm learning.

I love to learn new things and I won't ever stop learning. Don't discount formal education though, it does force you to learn things that are outside your normal interests. Sometimes what you learn there will open a new area of learning.

Education is expensive however!

Depends! On what it is I am learning - I cannot juggle with numbers or money to save my life. But creative expressive work would be great I would love to write a book.

Learning is underrated. For me is something huge. Everyday we're able to learn something: New words, new ways to do something, new ways to see something... I indeed love learning!!!

I love learning new things..I'm considering learning Latin..seriously.

At 80. I still love learning..

I only learn as per my interests, so there is no real effort involved, mostly enjoyment.

Learning can be tedious but is very necessary.

I like learning new things, but only when I am in the mood. Learning things when I am not in the mood doesn't stick

I find learning new things to be exhilarating. Words are fun, but I have found using proper English makes some feel vacuous, so I refrain. In my writing I will not succumb to others' unwillingness to pick up a dictionary.

Gohan Level 7 Jan 31, 2018

You're quite right.
Colleges and universities are almost scams because all that information is already free online, and most even Ivy League institutions have free online courses where you can get a degree.

A few examples I just googled:

[edx.org]

[coursera.org]

[edx.org]

I find it exciting to learn something new.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19925
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.