Agnostic.com

46 4

Are you going to be single for Valentine's Day?

I will be single for the 2nd year in a row. It's also my birthday. Maybe I'll take myself out to eat. I don't have any plans but to go to work. On the 11th of February, a close friend is taking me for Mexican food. She will also help me do my taxes. What are your plans this year? Are you with someone or single?

Sarahroo29 8 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

46 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, Happy Birthday, in advance!
I plan on being single for Valentine's Day, and every day before and after it.

Thanks.

@ScienceBiker It's not "tough talk", I'm just a realist. It's not a bad thing.

The secret is Feb 15 is the real holiday if your single. 50% off lots of goodies! Go and treat yourself!

Single but, if anyone wants to change that, I have dark chocolate and I know how to use it.

Duke Level 8 Feb 2, 2018

You're hilarious! But, besides chocolate, you will have women lining up if you do long foot massages. My ex was licensed in foot massage, and used to insist on rubbing my feet for two hours each night (!!!)

When we went to ballroom dances and he'd remove my shoe and start massaging my foot during intermission, even if we were back in a corner, word would get out and women would start lining up. They were disappointed and almost frantic to learn it wasn't something being done for all, but it did show me how men could get any woman they wanted, 😉 !

@birdingnut I do give a pretty mean foot massage but, I require some form of compensation... And I don't mean money. Be creative.

@Duke You'd have to work that out with women for yourself. I was married to him, and let's say he wasn't complaining, but I don't do casual sex. GROSS

@birdingnut LOL! I hope you've come to realize that pretty much everything I say say is tongue-in-cheek. 😉

@Duke Just the thought can gross out some demisexuals.

That awkward moment when you realize your milk has a Valentine's Day date and you don't.

Duke Level 8 Feb 3, 2018

I used that meme on FB 2 days ago.

Single single single 🙂

I spoiled my self, I had not had my favorite chocolate in over 4 years. UPS brought it to my house today. 🙂 . I got full after 2 pieces.

What should I buy myself?

Yes and I don't have to deal with all the garbage people dream up! Funny story: My favorite café is having a drawing for one free night at the Holiday Inn on Valentine's. So, the waitress handed me two tickets to write my name and number on for the drawing and I asked if it included a date. So, I said "That's great! Who is she?" I got the stink eye look from her. That's what us single men have to deal with. I thought it was kinda funny.....

That's hilarious!!!

@Trlyuniq When she handed me two tickets, I wondered if she thought I needed an extra chance. She knows I'm single. Sometimes I eat there 3 times a day...

single for the first time in 25 years! That night one of my favorite musicians is playing in town. Going with my 22 year old son!

I will do what I always do. Fill the old bathtub up with eggnog, hop in, put on Pink Floyd "The Wall", and stay in the tub until I have consumed every ounce of the eggnog.

Yes and happily so..

Most likely. I'm single now and just found out I work 6 days each at my morning and my night job for the next 2 weeks so at least I'll be busy 🙂. I dislike Valentines day more when I'm in a relationship because I'm just not into forced romance and expectaions. It always makes me feel worse about the relationship rather than better.

MsAl Level 8 Feb 2, 2018

This will be my 59th Valentines day and my 39th single.

Single again/still. I have been since 2006. I tend to not dine out on the 14th due to the crowds. Maybe I'll cook something nice.

Zster Level 8 Feb 2, 2018

Unfortunately yes.

No plans. I didn’t celebrate Valentine’s Day when I was part of a couple either.

I’m alone and I prefer it that way. No disappointments for me!

It is looking like it. I don't see my valentine on the horizon . . .

JK666 Level 7 Feb 3, 2018

Single - was really hoping not to be but the plans fell through

No doubt I'll be more than likely single on Valentines, but it doesn't bother me at all. I have never put much emphasis on such a holiday so it doesn't affect me much. I'll more than likely be sitting at home minding my own business, or maybe out drinking with a friend of mine that day. Either or, it'll be a relatively normal day, enjoying my winter months off of work, drinking or spending my time not getting preoccupied by dumb relationship nonsense.

I will definitely be single. Have a happy birthday @Sarahroo29 🎂

Thanks.

Once again I will be alone for Valentine's Day and have gotten used to it being just another day

Once again I will be alone for Valentine's Day and have gotten used to it being just another day

Yeah, single, no plans, no real hope for plans to develop. 6 years running! Weeeeee!

Looks that way. Ok with it for now. I had a couple relationships after my divorce but soon realised they were not healthy relationships. If someone does not respect you there is no point in continuing just for the sake of not being alone. Finding it is better to be alone than in a bad relationship. Who knows, maybe I'll get a valentine gift from someone!

Pretty sure I will be, had a girlfriend for a few months but she wanted to move in and get married but I was just divorced last April and see no need for a wife at this point in my life.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20540
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.