Agnostic.com

24 3

Marriage... Are there any divorcees out there who actively hope to get married again? The only reason I married the second time was because kids came into the picture. Other than as a legal contract does it bring anything to the table? All of that said, if I met the right woman and it was important to her I'd consider it. The romantic in me won't let me say never. All that said, roses are red...

Fearlessfreep 7 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am very happily divorced, to be honest, I see marriage as a religious thing, even though I wasn't married in a church. Being so set in my ways, I find co-habitation hard to imagine.
Living apart together I think they call it now? Having a partner (s) but not living together.

I understand your position, I have a friend who feels the same way but it's not my preference. I sometimes worry that I've become overly comfortable being alone and I think it's entirely possible I'll remain single for my remaining days...I miss the connection, the proximity, the regular casual physical contact, the kisses...oh the kisses. That's why I want to cohabitate. Those are the reasons I'll probably take the risk again.

@Rugglesby & @Fearlessfreep, cohabitation is definitely a question mark for me because I am a bit set in my ways but oh, I hope I can overcome that. I do miss the closeness and familiarity.

Now THAT sounds like my kind of relationship..

I doubt I ever remarry, I have strong financial incentive not to marry. So if the gent in question is independently wealthy and will provide for me should he go first, then I'd consider it. As it stands now, I just want a very long term cohabitation.

After your first sentence I was laughing so hard I had to run to the bathroom! Good one!
Once I got control of the remote, it was O.V.E.R.

This is a hard question for me. I am a scientist, an educator, a logical thinker but I am also a hopeless romantic. I still see marriage as a wonderful way to share life. It is after all a commitment to love and honor a special person. I suppose it can be accomplished without the marriage license. I would opt for a nonreligious ceremony where we write our own vows and take it from there without the license. I tend to see the marriage license as religious and a turn-off.

I have no intention of marrying again. I see no reason for it.

I loved being a wife. Loved being married. Loved having and being a family. And I miss it very much. I just married the wrong guy. I hope to find the right one some day. I would like to marry again. Hopefully wiser the second time around.

Yeah! What SHE said!

I know that feeling all too well..

Ummm the free stuff at the wedding is always cool. I'd love another Kitchen Aid mixer. I broke mine.

If it happens... is like the first and only time by accident and then again... if she becomes so good to my existence that marriage feels good... I am as flexible as a rope.

At my age, I don't actually see the point.

I had been widowed twice by the age of 40 and have had a couple of dates in the 17 years since my second husband passed but never had another relationship. I think at this point I’ve been alone too long to deal with someone else’s bullshit messing up my life.

I am a strong believer in monogamous committments. Even now, I miss that ring on my finger. There is something very basically human that is missing in my life. So, the short answer is yes, I do want to be married again. Whether that marriage is a strictly private matter or publicly certified at a courthouse is TBD.

I am HAPPILY divorced. However in that happiness, I have hope that I will meet someone who will be the kind of person that I would want to marry. No hurries, so no worries means that it will happen naturally and without pressure, societal or otherwise.

I've been saying I would NEVER get married again. There are a few instances that I might consider it, if one of us got sick and needed the health insurance, if it was really important to him for some reason. But for the most part I don't see the need for it.

I don't know if I'd actually marry...but I find a lot of satisfaction in taking care of my partner and creating a comfortable home. I'm very domestic minded...love to bake and cook and make things. As long as we both aknowledged the need to each have our own times of solitude, of space from time to time...I'd shack up again. But no pigs. I'm not picking up your dirty clothes....lol

I am married now; but as my husband and I count off another year of being legally tied to each other, we often joke that when this is over, never again are we getting hitched. Too much work. None of that fairy tale crap. We love each other, but damn if I ever get married again 🙂

HAHAHAHAHA!
I LOVE it!
And so true. Hetero, cis men usually want to lock down relationships, though, to keep their lovers exclusive to them.

That was annoying when I was dating..I could only have fun dancing, hiking, and going exciting places for about eight months before they were pressuring me for a commitment, even when I began using the tactic of having sex with them after about six months, to prevent them from wanting more from the relationship.

It was so annoying. Sooner or later, they'd tell me to fish or cut bait. None of my disclaimers made any difference.
I came to realize that they felt demeaned and insulted for my only using them for fun and sex. You'd think it would be the opposite.

I did like to attend weddings if it included a wooden dance floor and D.J...free dancing! Yeah!
My ex and I were advanced ballroom/jitterbug dancers and loved to cut the rug. I also loved any excuse to design and make a new ballroom gown, like this one, when we danced on the beach at Sand Key Island, FL

Video is awesome!

Married 22 years, divorced 12 years...in 3 different relationships after the divorce..just broke up with someone...I'm here and there about remarrying.

Just broke up with a nice guy...but I couldn't settle for him, too many things wouldn't have worked out.

I would consider getting married again to the right person. If you had asked me even six months ago, I would have said "hell no". But the truth is, I miss being married.

I'm against marriage in general, and here's why: when you are significant others, you choose that relationship every day. When you marry, you choose that person once for the rest of your life. There's zero incentive to work at it if it's a foregone conclusion. (This lesson brought to you by two starter marriages and my third divorce. Oh, the irony, amirite?)

I don't think I'll ever marry again unless there are good, logical reasons to do so. Love is simply not enough.

I feel the same way. I told the person I am seeing as much. He wants my insurance. I told him if we get someone in office like Bernie we could have our cake and......

Oh hell Nooo..once was mooore than enough!

I simply said yes to my first husband. That was an expensive disaster, so after that marriage, I swore "never again." When my second husband proposed, I told him "I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you - but what's the piece of paper for?" He convinced me with what I recognized as the logical fallacy "appeal to emotion" but I reasoned that appeal to emotion could be fair game in the arena of marriage. Due to circumstances unforeseeable to me and of such a remote possibility in his view that he didn't think it was worth mentioning, while we are still family and good friends, the marriage went away. I can't really imagine what would have to go into a proposal to get me to get in a marriage for a third time.

At 53 I married on deaths doorstep lest my ungrateful Nazi parents inherit my estate.
So I survived as evidenced by my posts.
Now I am yearning to be a widow. Marry again? Hahahahaha!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20795
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.