Agnostic.com

19 9

A Week of American Hate: Bombs Mailed, Black People Executed, Jews Slaughtered

A man executed two black people at a grocery store, but didn’t engage a white man outside because “whites don’t shoot whites.” A Donald Trump supporter and apparent anti-Semite who looked up to white supremacists sent bombs in the mail to the president’s opposition. An avowed anti-Semite walked into a synagogue and killed 11 people after screaming, “All Jews must die!”

This was one week in American hate.

[huffingtonpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's still too hard to read right through...

It's awful, yet nothing compared to the carnage Climate Change may wreak, if we don't stop this bickering and save ourselves from extinction.

Now we get to wait and see what will happen next week. I cannot wait for our rights to go away so that we can be more safe from terrorists. Bad stuff begets bad stuff. The bad guys are winning and there is little we can do. I hope people go and vote.

.....more physical evidence and proof (as if we need more in this bloody torturous hell hole) that god does not exist. My poem, I hope you like it:

Why would a most perfect, good, loving, kind God create the most ugly, bloody, torture-filled world ? If he liked it, why break it ? and if not, why make it ?

Too many people have learned nothing from the past. Genocide, lynchings, hate speech, etc. We need to study history effectively, treat each other as comrades. We are all humans: who cares about sex, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.?

we all know that ! (that's the puzzling thing)

Study history? You mean like...READ a book? Investigate claims and data collection processes? Look at counter arguments, as well as counter-counter arguments? Nah...I heard Jo from Facts Of Life is suppose to be on Dancing with the Stars...no time for your high falutin learning.

Terrible. We need gun control.

These people need self control.

@OtherPatrick Agreed, but without access to guns, the harm that they would be able to inflict would be a lot less.

@Stephanie99 I have a hand gun and will never, nor have I ever wanted to shoot anyone with my firearm. Gun control starts with personal responsibility and self control.

before guns, muslim, christians and jews used knife and stones to cut each others eyes out.

@rayfunrelax You can still inflict damage without guns, just not as much or as quickly.

This is what Republicans/GOP signed up for when they wanted to "Make America Great Again" aka the time in American history when everyone who wasn't white and Evangelical were oppressed

There has been a lot about 50 years after 1968. What happened at that time still overwhelms what is going on now. "During that time, Birmingham, Ala. was known by another name: "Bombingham." I am the type of person who puts less emphasis on people and more on other things like geography, resources, culture and natural phenomena. This morning was a report on "Hypoxia" a ;owering of oxygen on the oceans bottom. This leads to scores of animal deaths. It is another issue of Climate Change. [npr.org] To me, things like this has side effects. Again, the biggie is human overpopulation!

The cry seems to be "Make America White Again." The twisted words of Donald Trump creates strange actions and murder out of his supporting Swamp. Think. It's pretty damned hard to blame these things on people who are not in power right now and the GOP has all power. Vote blue so we can make America sane again.

Like I once told someone in a post, America will destroy itself from the inside by its own people. It's only a matter of time when the U.S. government as we know it, will not exist and will crumble due its own demise. Mother Nature will do the rest.

US constitution is great, but it is man-made and needs updating. For example judges and congressmen should should have term limits.

So very sad but true. We are our worst enemies and are completely clueless about that.

45 is responsible for ALL of this.
His rhetoric has inspired all of these people in their insanity.

Very true that Trump has brought Americans’ historical, ever-present racism and xenophobia into the light. His rhetoric has given permission and cover to those who feel affronted by immigrants and black people and Jews. There is no doubt that Trump is responsible for heinous acts. But make no mistake: White Supremacy has never been buried, witnessed by the birth of the mass incarceration industry that Bill Clinton created. By the voter suppression tactics of Congress and state legislatures. So many more examples. These problems will remain long after Trump goes so long as we refuse to acknowledge they exist.

@Bobbyzen Agreed. Unfortunately, this country has always been over-populated with racist asshats.

@Bobbyzen Just as a point:

With the passage of the Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1986 Congress enacted different mandatory minimum sentences for drugs, including marijuana. In 1973, New York State introduced mandatory minimum sentences of 15 years to life imprisonment for possession of more than 4 oz (112 g) of a hard drug.

----source, Wikipedia

That action increased the need for prison beds. I'm not defending
Bill Clinton, but the 99th Congress (under Saint Reagan) was controlled by republicans in 1986. That Congressional action is directly responsible for the subsequent "birth of the mass incarceration industry". Prison over-crowding had always been a problem (re: Attica, and others), but the mandatory sentencing mandate, for even the most minor drug offenses, exploded the prison population exponentially. It also unfairly targeted minorities and the poor. While it's true that the southern democrats were initially proponents of slavery and the KKK, the republicans have more than taken over that mantle. By the send of the 19th Century, the republicans became the party of racism, and never looked back. Granted, there were still a few democrats who were racist asshats. Robert Byrd of WV, springs immediately to mind.
Currently, it's the republicans who are responsible for most of the gerrymandering of voting districts, and the proliferation of Voter ID laws.

So, we are in complete agreement on the issue. This has been a deeply racist nation since it's inception. Unfortunately, most people (especially the racists) have no idea just how they've been manipulated into their irrational racism. We've been conditioned to be racists through deliberate institutional means. There is A LOT of shit to fight through to straighten all this out.

@KKGator absolutely! Nixon and Reagan and “war on drugs” is a big factor, targeting people of color. I appreciate the background!

Very upsetting week for me personally. Want to muzzle trump-he is so ignorant.

I think two words have been too often left out of the discussion of these events. These acts are being perpetuated by TERRORISTS on AMERICANS. Sadly we have a president who is a white supremacist and is radicalizing those in this nation who believe his racist talk and dog whistles are a call to action.

@DaringDavid actually I think for myself.

Welcome to Trumperica, where death can not be allowed to interrupt a day of campaigning to make political divisions deeper and hatred more dangerous.

Trump's America...ain't it grand? ?

Welcome to America, where you are free to be oppressed.

It's the same in every other country.

Imagine if we loved as strong as we hated.

@CoastRiderBill Sometimes the message is bigger, and obviously better, than the messenger.

@CoastRiderBill Dude...it's a song. Relax will ya'?

It's almost as if some public figure was inciting the hatred with bigoted statements and fear-mongering lies.Oh, wait....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:210406
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.