Agnostic.com

11 3

Is speed dial good for memory?

I lost my phone. Sad to say I don't remember many phone numbers. There was a time before modern technology that we actually dialed numbers and remembered them. More so with rotary phones. I think I will make a practice of dialing numbers again.

• 4 votes
  • 10 votes
  • 12 votes
Shelton 8 Nov 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was astonished that my daughter didn't know the phone numbers of many of our closest family members. I wrote them all down on a card that fits in her wallet and insisted she carry it at all time

I only know my son's because the final number is one higher than mine.

@Shelton I can remember my dad's cell number occasionally, but I have to check before connecting just to make sure I'm right.

I don't know, I can't remember how to do it 🙂

I jot down all personal contact information from those I know in a notebook in case the data on my mobile device gets compromised. I was never good at remembering multiple phone numbers. Bummer on losing your phone, that would be one of my worse nightmares.

I know my number only. I keep a couple backup numbers separately for emergency purposes.

If I lose my phone, without access to another computer, I'm LOST!! My Google account does have the numbers, however, that means I have to have access to a computer that I trust. 3 years ago I worked on Thanksgiving day. It was snowing, roads were crappy. My first break, my phone hit the tile floor and was done in. So, IF I had troubles on the way home I had no way of calling for help. Scary stuff. Luckly we survived the day and I went shopping on Black Friday for a new phone. Usually I will not go shopping then, but...

My phone is smart so I no longer need to be! 😛

Back ups anyone? ( Old fashion notebook, excel file in a USB thumbdrive, burn a CD, multiple copies in all PCs in the house...... Plenty of options however none of them happens by itself )

@Shelton In my defense, I am paranoic extreme with all my digital information. It's so fragile, can't be careful enough.

@IamNobody Same here, in this digital day and age.

@irascible it's human nature, sometimes we learn the hard way

Your phone will turn up.

I keep all contacts backed up on my computer, save them to a flash drive and also periodically print out a hard copy of them.

well, not unless you watch it dial.

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:215352
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.