Agnostic.com

19 1

Do you think you are well informed?

Do you think you are well informed? Does being atheist or agnostic affect your access to information, your choice of what news to follow?

mmcki1 5 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not really, as there is so much out there to 'get' I have never felt curbed by my atheism only by my lack of intelligence or knowledge - I can't do maths to save my life ( I went to a free school) I tend to flick through newspapers to find what will hold my interest.

I know that there is a lot I still need to learn.

Hard to be well informed in what is getting to be a post-truth world - I seriously feel I am living in craziest times ever .

Craziest times thus far, for sure.

No, but I like to think I am.

Heck no. I learn new words here every day. BTW, yes, I said "heck." Words are important, because their meaning and their use lets me discover new realms of knowledge and experience. I like to hunt for the etymology of words, which means I know a bunch of weird shit; but well informed? No, I do not care enough about the present diarrhea of useless information coming our way.

The more I know, the more I know I don't know.

No it does not.

No, I am not at all well informed, so much happens without me being aware of it. I don't consume media.

Of course, it does.

I'm well informed about a lot of things. I'm poorly informed of the inner workings of religions, governments and corporations by design. Not belonging to the majority or the reality challenged crowd only sparks my interest of accessing information never considered by theists.

I always try my best to do my due diligence when the information is either sparse or sketchy. There is always something new to learn, but I have enough of a grounded basis one certain things that I can confidently argue.

I think I am. I am a prisoner to what information is out there in the news, books, and/or the internet though. A little critical thinking is necessary, and even then I might not be right with my analysis or understanding of certain topics. There is only so much you can experience locally. You kind of have to trust some other source sometimes.

I try not to be informed ... I like to inform myself, that way I have some control over the quality and impartiality of the facts 😉

Probably not

Most of the time Yes..unless the cable goes out or.I forget to charge my phone..then not so much.

No.

I'm like a mushroom...

...kept in the dark and fed on bullshit. 😉

I don't see where atheism would affect access to information? As a skeptic, I do more research into topics I'm less familiar.

I doubt it and what I am informed about is probably infested with conformation bias.

Knowledge is power.

Paradoxically, the better informed I am, the less informed I feel.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21853
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.