16 1

Do you consider your job?

Multiple selections allowed.

• 13 votes
  • 20 votes
  • 11 votes
hippydog 8 Nov 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dirty job, hard labor. ♥

Had to answer both clean and dirty. I taught but is was printing, lots of ink.

I'm a nurse aid. I clean up bowel movements in clean setting so I just wasn't sure what to put..

MsAl Level 8 Nov 15, 2018

Ew

I play music. Nuff said.

I work with dogs. Nuff said.

That must be awesome☺️☺️☺️I wish worked with dogs all day

Dirty. That's why I love it

I work between an office and a research lab, Biosafety Level 2, so it HAS to be super clean.

Zster Level 8 Nov 15, 2018

Mostly clean. Besides prep work with my computer and interviewing clients for the ceremonies I perform, I finish up my work barefoot in the sand, so I often have to brush grains of sand off my feet before I get in my car. Once in a while, I'll have to hike a muddy trail to the ceremony spot, so have to rinse my slippers off, but my hands stay clean!

What's dirty vs clean? I've worked cleaning out a butcher shop and a bakery with a pressure washer, built subdivision houses where I repaired the foundations but had to watch out that I didn't step in the shit the guys laid down in the dark corner because the portapot stank so bad and I've run luxury resort hotel builds from an air conditioned office but I always walked the job several times a day to keep my finger on the pulse of what was going on. Some would call those jobs dirty but I never scammed anybody or skinned them on a crooked financing job or shook them down so I would say my hands are clean.

Clean. I sit at a computer all day.

Recycling E waste (mostly toner cartridges): very dirty. Coalmine dirty. I wear gloves and a mask if its gonna be too thick in the air n theres a machine that pulls it out of the air but its messy fo sho.

Farmwork: grade A filthy mcnasty premium pasteurized dirty. Straight up dirt mostly. Dirt is preferable to mud, but a bit of both. Theres a lot of cow shit too but I manage to keep that off everything (except my boots if its muddy and unavoidable.)

For an IT guy I sure do know how to work on hot messes.

As an open heart RN, it’s sterile but messy. So, a bit of both

After being semi retired and finished writing a novel, I got bored and now work part time with autistic children. I play half the time. It is great.
I decided when I left teaching I wouldn't go back after switching and going into social work. Now, I'll stay with social work, but no adjudicated kids. That is too painful to observe: sometimes because the kids put themselves there with their actions and then the worst - those who through no blame of their own were there because they had a shitty or dangerous home life.

I consider my job every day (I am a professional volunteer). Almost every day something different comes along.

My job isn't horribly dirty, but in the summer it is horribly hot. Sometimes I sweat profusely. Then, of course, the dust sticks to you. Nothing feels better than a shower after work.

I've worked dirty. Mostly my careers were in clean professions: teaching and social work. But, while teaching I worked as a mason. Made my sons do it too - they have their degrees. I still do some masonry, but rarely. Too tough on am old back. I do, however, enjoying laying stone - real stone, which few people do anymore. I found it creative and Zen like getting to choose just the right stone for each spot.

used to work in the Fine Art field,

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:223258
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.