Agnostic.com

52 8

What do you consider "better than sex?"

This meme reminded me that sex, while important, is just one of many activities that give me joy. A particularly good meal after I've stayed on my diet for a few months. A great piece of music well played. Sailing. . . That's just a small sample of things that are better than sex to me.

EricTrommater 9 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

52 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Depends on who it's with.

For sex with some - ANYthing is better.

For sex with some others - NOTHING is better !

Really good dark chocolate. It's easier to get and doesn't cost nearly as much.

That's where I am at....sex costs so much...and you have to pay the entry fee after you have been riding the ride for a while....hehe

At least 85% cacao or go home. I want a kick in the throat.

I don't know... There's been times when I've woken up in bed- chocolate bar wrapper(s) next to me, chocolate drool down my face and just reeking of that cacao experience. Talk about a walk of shame. I've had less guilt from bad one-night stands. Sex might be a better choice... 😉

Chocolate is getting expensive, and I’m not proud of it, but I have eaten 4 pounds of chocolate in a day.... I miss chocolate, but I can’t trust myself with it, so I buy it in small portions, I’m a glutton for things I enjoy deeply.

@Funandfondles Everything in moderation, my friend.

Laughing uncontrollably with a small child.

I think I have to agree with that one too! Gosh, a child laughing. So very cool. I wish every child on the planet could be safe and happy and laughing.

Tacos

Sacha Level 7 Feb 9, 2018

Count me in for tacos!

Real connection. Feeling that someone understands you. Someone who knows, or seeks to know, your heart, soul, and mind.

Real, deep, intense, honest conversations with friends. And when that's followed by sex, it's even better. 🙂

Well, that sounds like fun, too, but I was talking about one-on-one conversations with friends. When those talks are over a bottle of two of wine either in front of my fireplace or on the deck surrounded by trees and nature, the connection can be intensely personal.

Yes. Absolutely. There's almost nothing better than connecting with a friend, talking about successes and failures, loves and fears, and everything else.

MORE SEX!

Or more lasagna l!

As an insomniac, I'd kill for an eight-hour sleep.

Carving sharp curves down a smooth-as-butter wicked steep grade on a longboard at bone-breaking speed.

I dunno. I don't think I would turn down sex to bomb a hill. But damn, a good hill sure is a good experience.

Pretty much everything. Except, goldfish crackers, I really hate goldfish crackers.

Goldfish crackers don't come with that whole performance pressure thing and won't complain when I take nap afterward so I'd call it a draw.

A day in nature, exploring, road trips, hiking, sailing, or just sitting on the beach, but all these things with someone special. These things are fine on your own, but so much better with a partner, of course, including sex. Lol

Winning. When it takes real effort, against a worthy adversary.

As I get older when my body functions on a basic level. That is rapidly becoming almost as good as sex. A good night's sleep, joints working or at least not hurting much, etc. And don't get me started on peeing and shitting. I am louder and sound more satisfied in the john sometimes than I ever did having sex! 😉

Y'all are freaking hilarious!

Nothing or perhaps resting, gathering your strength and doing it again.

Sex is talented at giving you the rest you describe though....

Payday!!!

Now you can afford more sex!

@d_day You must DEFINITELY be thinking about someone ELSE's paycheck!

Better than sex? How about good sex, great sex and fantastic sex? LOL!!

Peace and quiet to me is often better than sex though I'm a bit hypersensitive to my environment.

A good relationship is better than sex as it lasts a hell of a lot longer and is there for you in down moments.

AmyLF Level 7 Feb 10, 2018

Depends on how old you are: in your teens, nothing beats sex. But I remember my grandfather telling me that at his age a good bowel movement was.....

A close honest friendship

Really good, deep, meaningful conversations, a wonderful meal, great coffee....many things. Sex is important, and wonderful, but at times, other things are a good or better substitute.

A lot of things, but to be fair I'm not a teenage boy anymore. Also might want to ask again when I'm not only getting it from my hand lol.

Wow! I’ll grant you that the sailing is right up there, but it is pretty so so if you don’t have that wonderful companion on board to share the adventure along with the fantastic love making.
Now I’m worried about many of the folks that are commenting on all that stuff you think is better than sex. Perhaps the guys are experiencing a loss of sexual drive similar to my experience at around 40 years of age. My problem was the result of MGM that was done shortly after birth. I was determined to do something about it and the resulting restored foreskin has exceeded all expectations. Perhaps some of those that enjoy going to the toilet more, should question if perhaps there’s something missing. 🙂

But have you ever had a good lasagna? You know, where the motzerella and the ricotta melt together perfectly and it was just cooled enough to stay firm on the fok but still stays warm all the way through?

@EricTrommater Okay, Eric! I give! Send me some damn lasagna!! Actually, it sounds really good -- especially talking about the mozzarella and ricotta! Yum, yum, and more yum!

See's chocolate

I vote See's too!! I still have half a pound in the freezer from over a year ago. I wonder if it's still good. Unfortunately, as you probably know, they only bring their kiosks to Louisiana twice a year -- maybe three. Gosh, if not for the calories, I'd eat two pieces every single day!

@BlueWave
You speak See's yay 🙂
Of course is still good !!! It's worth the calories, but my clothes still fit, what's your favorite ?
I order it online, that's how I get my fix.
Yes better than sex. 🙂

My you tube Favorites list, with red wine and weed.
OK I should not be so self-limiting. It could be white wine or beer also.

I used to say playing a really great gig but I have played a lot of great gigs recently and....But it has to be great sex not so so.

Well, sex is at least a 2 person job. What she's describing is better than masturbation maybe. I'm pretty hard (no pun intended, you didn't let me finish my sentence) to impress beyond sex as a 2 person operation, I've never had much of a social life either. For me, Lasagna has to taste good inside me and outside in order to compete with sex. Where was I going with this?

Your guess is as good as mine. I was thinking about lasagna.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22463
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.