Agnostic.com

14 2

Why didn't God populate nearby planets? In fact why did he put planets so far apart when he created the universe? I will pray that he brings the planets closer together and populates a few too! Maybe with 3 armed, one eyed creatures, so he doesn't get bored by a lack of diversity. I'd pray to have a planet about 30 miles from earth.....then we can do as God wishes and have WAR with them! So much is possible with Prayer!

twill 7 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I always viewed a god created universe as something akin to the Sorcerer's Apprentice type scenario where he/she/it had what they thought was a good idea and it got totally out of hand.

I had conversation with a woman who was studying religion when we were in college. What would God do? Start a Universe in which he controlled every aspect to make sure most of us make it to heaven, or through enough of something into an area where a Universe would be formed and stand back to see what happens. I thought the later would be far more interesting.

I don't get it..why is the premise that "God" created anything? Why discuss fiction?

I do not understand the question. Are you asking why "God Created" goes with the concept of fiction? We have no knowledge that God created anything. Some believe this to be true, but we cannot say we have evidence of this. First, because we do not. Second, we cannot say for sure that "God" "created". We may have faith that he did, but we cannot say more and make sense. Am I anywhere close to your point?

@dalefvictor ?? That's just what I said..why discuss god at all, as though he existed?

Note the hashtag - it's humor!

I thought this was a site where the people who joined it did not believe in God. Not trying to disrespect anyone here but it seems to me that someone here is not thinking. Science and religion are two totally separate topics and one cannot correctly relate the concepts of one with the other. It is like talking about comparing a being from Antares with a turnip..We cannot know anything of the first and we for sure cannot compare this unknown to anything like a turnip. To do so conflicts with the laws of thought.

The planets are like our coal deposits, God put them there for us to use, like he gives us food and oxygen, When we piss our own planet away , god provides us with others to have and to hold until total planet destruction do us part.
First to colonize is Mars, as it is a christian planet due to the red glow of devil fire, We are commanded to colonize Mars and remove satan , replacing him with cool green and some other shit.

EMC2 Level 8 Feb 10, 2018

That God guy really does think of everything, doesn't he? No wonder he is so admired and worshiped...

I'm gonna pray too. And Jesus has already said that if 2 or more people pray sincerely, in His name, it is bound to be answered...or something like that. Can't wait. Lol
Amen

Then why is Trump still President?

It appears that prayer certainly doesn't work.

Because he only gave himself 6 days...

Lol Ramen

What does Ramen mean?

It's a play on the word Amen

Why are there even other planets, let alone other stars and galaxies? If the Earth is the centre of all that's important, then they are tiny specks in the sky that serve no purpose whatsoever.

Why did God go to the trouble of creating this stuff, when he could have got away with painting it all on a bit of plywood?

good point.....I wonder if he made all of those hundreds of billions (trillions) of stars and galaxies all the same off of one template or pattern or if he took the time to customize each one individually? No down time for the big guy!

And how do you know that it (if it exists) did not populate nearby planets?

Define a nearby planet

@twill Mars, Venus. I am doing this purely to see what you are getting at.

@jlynn37 What am I getting at.....communicating a thought that popped into my head today. A question. A question aimed at believers. Question was simply...why didn't God populate the other planets? Which then became....why did he put the planets so far apart? which then became: would he populate the other planets with humans? And since his followers like war so much, put the planets really close to each other they can have war! That's about all I've got. But it was a fun exercise. IDK...would this be "satire" rather than "philosophy"?

Because there is no God. Are you confused? Lost?

maybe because we are the prison planet/penal colony and he is protecting the universe from the likes of humanity

I do like that.

The Zanti Misfits.

The the blame should go on the "manufacturer."

Don't worry man, it's all part of God's Plan don'tchaknow. =P =]

God? Prayer?

marga Level 7 Feb 9, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22528
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.