Agnostic.com

44 9

Do you have a tendency to over think things?

I tend to really pick things apart and dissect them. This has often been to my detriment, but it has it's upsides. It makes me good at planning and I've been called meticulous. On the other side of the coin, I've suffered from paralysis by analysis-- and I think it was a large factor in my anxiety disorder.

How are you about this?

silvereyes 8 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

44 comments (26 - 44)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Definitely.

A good friend of mine calls me The Procrastinator.

I'm an agoraphobic, need I say more 😟

always to the point of leaving my tv on when I sleep to keep my mind occupied.

Absolutely! I think I need to stop that, but then think about why I shouldn't. Vicious circle.

jeffy Level 7 Feb 10, 2018

Absolutely; and sadly it has only became worse the older I get and the insomnia it brings on is brutal!

Sometimes; and I've been called on it here in this forum. That's why I'm here, personal growth (well, one reason).

My motto is to: Be Prepared. But not to the point of paralysis. I am a good planer/prep per, but I have to be able to prepare and survive my decision, and learn from my mistake. The moral is my mistake is usually insignificant. Although I am dealing with with some big issues now, and I fear a mistake could be way past insignificant😉 I guess we all have to have a first?

I’m over analytical too, but it comes with the job.

People tell me I dwell on things too long. I tell them I like to thoroughly understand the situation. I like teaching myself from books or other sources like videotapes I have even taken some online classes these kind of things I could dwell on it doesn't bother anybody. I don't think it's a bad thing to be that way.

dc65 Level 7 Feb 9, 2018

You mean besides trying to figure out how to answer this question? Not much. Only a decent part of everyday

Yes to the point of not making decisions in a timely manner.

ALLLLLL the time.

Only when I'm trying to sleep????

I think I managed to arrive at the point of understanding that one needs to know when to say 'enough' in all things in my mid twenties. It is too easy to get caught up in that closed loop that keeps one from making decisions, finishing a project, or terminating a poorly chosen battle or relationship.

Here's an example: Every writer I have ever known has a hard time not doing 'just one more rewrite'. It is common for us to just keep on keepin' on with something that could have been published 6 months ago. One really needs to know when they're watering a dead tree. This is true in all endeavors. I can tell you that I have never sent out a manuscript that within a day or two after having done so I didn't kick myself for not doing one more rewrite. It never fails.

Most definitely so for me and it is almost paralyzing sometimes not being able to come to a conclusion.

Interesting question. Let me think about it, and I'll get back to you.

I am fed up of this habit of mine!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22586
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.