56 13

What are a few of your favorite things?

One of the comfyest things is getting back into bed on a cold morning... the warmth and softness and knowing you get to go back to sleep! One of my favorite little things. 😍

So what's a little thing that brings you happiness?

By pepperjones
Options Favorite Like

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence, and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy

Create your free account

56 comments

Coffee, silk, premium cigars, Cabernet, cheese, pineapple, non fiction books, trees, cabins, silence, brown eyes, cats, snakes, comfy clothes (dresses), good comedy, sex, peppermint, chai tea, bread, crackers, more cheese, occasional hugs, my kid's laughter, pleasant texts, pears, stuffing, grapefruit fizzy water, the color orange, the color purple, the smell of citrus, key lime pie, a good night's sleep, learning something new, good news, having a snarky comeback, happy thoughts, and more.

Donotbelieve Level 8 Nov 21, 2018

Oh, I forgot to add baking.
I really enjoy baking.

@Donotbelieve this time of year is so awesome for baking!! I love to make holiday treats tins!! And icing cookies!!!

@pepperjones Yes! I just made brown sugar and vanilla cookies, cranberry orange scones, and dark chocolate raspberry cupcakes with homemade butter cream frosting.

Baking makes me happy.

@Donotbelieve oh those sound so good!!!!

@pepperjones I'm trying not to eat them all before t-day.
Ugh!

@Donotbelieve I'm not much of a baker. In fact I have one cake that I can pull off with any sort of consistency - Torta Caprese. Luckily, it's fucking delicious.

@MrBeelzeebubbles Tell me more. What is in this torta?

What she said.

@Donotbelieve
200g dark chocolate, finely chopped. The good stuff, 80% cocoa. Use a knife, it gives a better texture than a food processor.
4 eggs.
170g castor sugar.
1 teaspoon vanilla essence - the nice stuff with seeds in.
250g ground almonds
200g melted butter.

Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until it's pale and the beater leaves a trail of goo on the surface - about 10 minutes.

GENTLY fold in the almonds, butter and chocolate.

Line the base of a 24cm round tin with baking paper, and generously butter the sides of the tin.

Mixture goes in, into an oven at 170°C for 45-50 minutes.

Let it cool a bit, dust with icing sugar, goes great with clotted cream, raspberries and port.

Sorry, I only think in metric.

Edited

@MrBeelzeebubbles Not a problem.

Several things actually.

• The warmth of a dog fresh from the dryer

• Teasing the homeless with offers of money then not giving it to them

• The reassurance I feel knowing that Donald J. Trump is in the White House and is Making America Great Again with his wisdom and leadership.

But my most favorite thing to do:

• Posting bullshit to the internet.
Sgt_Spanky Level 7 Nov 21, 2018

Boobs. Does that count as 2?

Secretguy Level 7 Nov 21, 2018

An afternoon spend smoking hookah in my back patio. When the wind picks up the wind-chimes make a little tunes. And then the turtles come out of the woods to eat my grass.
That's an afternoon well spend.

Hastur Level 7 Nov 21, 2018

Colored glass in whatever form make me happy -- wine bottles, vases, ashtrays, old cobalt bottles, depression glass, beads. If I'm out in the sunshine with a palm full of Swarovski crystal beads I'm essentially mesmerized. A clean house makes me happy. Even cleaning it makes me happy. Looking to my left, I see my fireplace which makes me very happy. Cheese makes me happy. And let's not forget the ever poplular sex. That makes me damned happy.

ProudMary Level 8 Nov 21, 2018

@PeaceByGreenJobs Brown paper packages tied up in string...

watching my fish and making sure there at there best. interacting and watching my dogs. drawing and sculpting to name a few

LeighShelton Level 8 Nov 21, 2018

You're very talented.

@ProudMary thank you so much

Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens just to name a few.

TampaHeathen Level 7 Nov 21, 2018

When I wake up thinking of someone, grab my phone to text them, and find a text from them waiting for me.

JeremyTaylor Level 8 Nov 21, 2018

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things.

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

From The Sound of Music

EdEarl Level 8 Nov 21, 2018

Bright paper packages wrapped up with string, warm Woolen mittens and whiskers on kittens. Sorry I could not help myself.

mooredolezal Level 3 Nov 26, 2018

Bicycling and reading

gsiamne Level 7 Nov 21, 2018

Swimming.

Sunsetmermaid Level 5 Nov 21, 2018

@PeaceByGreenJobs That's such a great movie!

Sex, art: read, to paint, to write, music (hear and try to do), films... and coffee.

Perseo1965 Level 5 Nov 21, 2018

Comfy socks.

JimG Level 8 Nov 21, 2018

My naps after work

Tastelikepurple1 Level 2 Nov 21, 2018

The song by that name!

Krish55 Level 7 Nov 21, 2018

One of my favorite things is not getting out of bed on a cold morning!

BSquared Level 5 Nov 21, 2018

Working on a project, going on 10 mile hike, making some art, sitting on my non-existent butt and playing video games. Those things definitely bring me happiness. There's also just lounging around with the cats.

thyperson Level 4 Nov 21, 2018

Making art is always a favorite!

Dogs looking out car windows, or sitting on the passenger seat all serious, like they're helping navigate

Count_Viceroy Level 7 Nov 21, 2018

Dogs are so fun!!

Edited

Yes! Seeing either always makes me smile.

Tending my vegetable garden, painting and cuddling are a few of my favorite things.

19dacar52 Level 7 Nov 21, 2018

Painting... I love painting so much!

@pepperjones How about painting and cuddling... or painting while cuddling? 😉

Since it will be in the 20's, I will be doing that tomorrow with my sweetheart.

Other than that, sharing so much together including traveling, music, an appreciation of good beer.smile009.gif

Going to get some steamed crabs tonight!

Bierbasstard Level 8 Nov 21, 2018

Mmmmmm, crab!!

A good strong cup of coffee in the morning, morning as in 430 or ealier! With a couple smokes, at some point in the past....with some pot, but no longer, cigarretes will have to do!!

AArealist Level 3 Nov 23, 2018

Dude, a cup of coffee and a cigarette on the patio first thing in the morning on a warm spring day... Heaven.

My collection of throwing knives.
The thunk a knife makes into a solid log round end grain target.
Seeing improvement in techniques, learning new things.
Kayaking, on a perfect summers day.
Pug dogs.

MarcusMethod Level 5 Nov 22, 2018

I also really like turning on the electric blanket a half hour before going to be then crawling into a warm bed on a cold night, Warm shower (with a partner haven't enjoyed that for a very long time), Screening (some) movies in my home theater.

NoMagicCookie Level 7 Nov 21, 2018

A fire, a large amount of trees around me, some geography that isn't horizontal, and one or two good people.

Holysocks Level 7 Nov 21, 2018
Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.comis the largest non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!