Agnostic.com

12 2

What's next?

What do you hope for, or believe in as far as "what's next?", when we pass from this life?.. I personally don't have a firm belief in anything, I do however hope for reincarnation, I'd love to do it all again...

• 27 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 3 votes
Bonnie76 4 Dec 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like the idea of being reincarnated. Sounds fun. Lol

I would have liked 'Don't know' as an option 🙂

Anyhow, in my mind this is the creepiest thought of all...... there is nothing, absolutely nothing. And if we press the issue, thing about the hollow emptiness of absolutely painful mind boggling concept of nothing would have ever existed at all.... no universe, no nothing...... give it few spins, let is sink for a minute

@Bonnie76 the point is the delta between our busy complex life and complete utter nothingness is not that significant and none would have existed at all and yet we thrive to think that we have a purpose here because it hurts to realize there is none.

Have you noticed that mostly when people talk about reincarnation they always were someone famous?? 🙂

@Bonnie76 I hope you got the joke. Just to make sure, our previous discussion is not. That one is a serious thought from my part.

No idea. There has to be something.

Why does there have to be something?

@Bonnie76 I see it like this: When you turn off a light bulb, where does the light go? Nowhere. It simply stops being produced. So when you stop producing thoughts, where do your thoughts go? The two seem directly analogous to me.

We exist here in the 3rd dimension scientist know and can theorize about other dimensions and universes the energy is osmosed into other uses beyond conceptualize ideas.

I suspect that a whole lot of fascinating things and events are coming next! I just won’t be any part of them.

@Bonnie76 Well, you’re right: I don’t KNOW, but sure would be surprised! And then what? Start all over? Find an apartment, get a job, find someone special ... ?

@Bonnie76 Some of us can't remember our mistakes the next day. Not saying I’m one of them but, just in case, I’m going for “new, creative ways” and “epic.” Always go for epic!

Hope away for reincarnation and "doing it all again" then ask yourself if it did happen why would you remember anything from before? If you did not remember anything from before then there would be no real point to reincarnation.

I strongly suspect it will be much the same as it was during the billions of years before we were born; a whole lot of nothingness.

I don't "hope" for anything after death.
That would be silly.

But, what if you're reincarnated as a slime?

Nah, I expect to go back to how it was before I was born.

@Elganned Does literally everything have to be turned political? How boring.

@Elganned Why? I am not talking to them, nor am I a part of their conversations. I am, however, a part of this one. And inserting politics into everything is boring and trite.

@Elganned You are literally the only one who turned this political. Why should I find another conversation because you lack social tact? Not used to people calling you on your poor social skills?

Keep bickering in my comment section guys. Each comment gets me one step closer to level 8. LOL

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:235048
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.