How many times a day do you suddenly think to yourself "I'm happy"
A - never
B - very rarely
C - once a blue moon
D - occasionally
E - fairly often

ThomasLevi 6 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

52 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I suffer depression but nothing can change that but I'm fairly happy.

Being in nature helps

I agree as do other things. I was so much worse before

@LeighShelton and the color green. Is green soothing because nature is green? Or is nature green because it is so soothing? IDK. IDC. It just is.

I too suffer from depression. I've been really good for several years thanks to a wonderful psychiatrist! Praise the universe. Overall I'm a bubbly person. I hate that term but it fits me pretty well. Hope you have a good support system!

my fish and dogs and my art help a lot and I stopped drinking, smoking and weed under a very good psychiatrist like you @Marcie. as for green yes your right @EllenDale as winter in a temperate zone just makes everything worse. I come alive in spring with the fresh growth, birds and insects.

@LeighShelton three weeks after Dec. 21, to the day, I feel as if the sun came out, I'm on uppers and I've had great sex. I didn't, but the days are longer and I feel GREAT! Come fall, I feel it in August. I heard Britain is geay a lot . I'd hate that. Such a nothing color! Having an all-season light might help. Hope this helps or come here. Girls would LOvE you!

@LeighShelton shar peis! Gorgeous dogs! What kind of fish is that? I used to have Siamese fighting fish, blue

@LeighShelton your art is great. I admire people who can do things I can't

yes, its very grey and everything seems dead here @EllenDale. id love to come over there but my life is here sadly and my dogs which I'm not locking in prison/kennels. the fish is a giant gourami. thanks about the art x x

@LeighShelton Grey is depressing, and the rain I see on TV shows (not necessarily accurate) would make my arthritis painful. Yes, we can't lock our family in prisons or kennels! Although I have a few family members I wouldn't mind locking up somewhere far away, lol.

well you can't choose your family @EllenDale

E. Some folks say that I am too happy. I have all that I need for my happiness and enjoy life on my own terms.

This and I would add, all things considered, life could not be much better.

Oh, you make it easy: E
When my blood sugar is where it is supposed to be (how did that happen?)
When I realize I did not take any painkillers for the last three days
When I see a fellow gardener and she says :come on over in May and I'll give as many Dahlia tubers as you want."
When I have dreams about the past.
When I listen to the blues..

I wish I had your neighbor!!! Love Dahlias!

@BlueWave Her name is Audrey. She and I share our passion for English roses. She lives on "Snob Hill"( not the real address) and is very well to do. I am the poor but cheerful one. Her Dahlias are magnificent. She provides individual blooms for the teller stations at our Credit Union, so I know her collection. Can't wait to pick up the tubers.

I'm not sure I know what happiness is anymore. All work, no play. I only know when I'm accomplishing something.

Perhaps you will find happiness in your accomplishments. In my professional career I worked around the clock. I was very happy in the doing and in a sense my work ceased to be work at all. I am retired now and don't know how I did it, but it has paid off quite well. Hopefully, your efforts will result in good things too.

@Dwight Thanks, Dwight! I hope I'm as successful as you've been. I'm happy with my work. I love what I do. It only hurts when I stop. 🙂

E

fairly often, I think that is because I live in a pretty much no hassle housing scheme; 26 flats, we pretty much are all getting on , so we are "all 'getting on!" I also have a wonderful partner who lives above me and is sweet and kind and we share chores and look after each other - Yes I may moan at times but life is good.

That sounds WONDERFUL, Jacpod.

I'm not unhappy. I like homeostasis, being on an even keel. I'm not in the heights, but not down in the dumps. Its a comfy place. I know for every height of happiness I will descend below the line, so lets just avoid the drama and be comfy.

I'm fairly happy but when you get older you tend to get depression. People ask what you are depressed about. It should be obvious that you are slowly growing closer to a final destination so you are more limited as time goes by. No, I am not talking about a heaven or an afterlife. I tend to be attracted to younger women and I have already had 4 major relationships in my life. I does not appear there will be any more of them. This is depressing within itself.

@DenoPenno -- Odd, I've got you by six years and I don't feel any of that depression you're talking about. Perhaps you're not holding your mouth right?

@ThomssLevi And what about you?

I am essentially very happy. I am very often struck by the fact that I ofter feel an overwhelming happiness based on nothing other than perhaps being content.
So much so that I did a video about it.

C. I feel at times like I want to move into another dimension.

Yeah, I get that sometimes to.

E: But I like my grumpy persona

E

B. But I honestly never really think about it. I'm a kind of person who is neutral I guess. It's weird.

Very often.

E. The blues get me from time to time but I'm accused of being a relentless optimist often enough that I suspect I'm happier than most.

I don’t feel all that happy. But if you tell me to go to church to find happiness, I’m gonna get even more unhappy.

Not happy, not sad, but I am drunk! That counts for something!

D. doesn't usually last long before reality reasserts itself but can usually find a couple of things to smile about every day even if it is only a homegrown tomato or a beautiful moth.

Kimba Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

Damn right I am buddy, I'm going to HEAVEN. Unfortunately not until I die.

A .Content but never happy

Fairly often. Most of the time, really. Happiness is a choice, and a journey. I choose to be happy, and I work at it, therefore I am happy most of the time. I have depression/anxiety, and on my bad brain days I don't feel happy - but I AM still happy, I just can't access it. I know it's there, and I know depression lies, and I get through and then I'm happy again. It's not about your circumstances, it's about what you do w/ them.

Define happy.

E- can't be happy if you're never sad.

I've got a fairly sunny disposition, unless I'm aggravated. I'm a realist, but I do try to see the upside of things. It's much easier to be cheerful than dour. Small humans and dogs are both good for accomplishing a positive mood.
My answer is E.

Considering our man-made reality built upon people utilizing their rights of alternate realities to enlist new laws so their country can mimic that of their so-called reality, I'm going to say E.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23836
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.