Agnostic.com

21 1

Whats in a username.

Question my user name is Darien75, what is the reason behind the ones you use if any

darien75 7 Dec 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Abandoned at birth by my real mother, I was adopted and raised by a warren of foxes in the evergreen forest at the foot of the Cascade Mountains.

I chose MST3K because tha's the acronym for Mystery Science Theater 3000, one of my all-time favorite TV shows. The puppet in the picture is Crow T. Robot, one of Joel's robot pals on the show.

I loved that show. Haven’t watched it in years.

A translation of my surname!

Live in Phoenix, name is Bill C.(cee), also my internet handle & e-mail address. Makes it easy.

My name is Grace, and some call me Gracey (I prefer this spelling to Gracie; I know too many pets named Gracie). I live in the country and Graceylou sounds "country". Someone says it conjures up an image of someone in pigtails. Well, sometimes I wear my hair in pigtails.

"LiterateHiker" describes me. A voracious reader, hiking is my passion.

I was surprised to see "Grumpy" as an older man's username. I believe him.

It's sounded exquisitely dumb

My first name and the first 3 letters of my last name and number 1 just because. Lol

Bobby was my nickname growing up. My family and old friends still call me Bobby (vs. my current more “mature” nickname: Bob)

Zen: My appreciation for Zen began at age 16 when I was tapped to be the archery counselor at a summer camp in Maine. I’d learned all the basic safety and shooting techniques as a boy. But I wanted to improve my skills. Instead of buying a traditional how-to guide, I picked up Zen and the Art of Archery. The ostensible lesson: Be the Arrow. I applied my lessons in personal practice sessions, pacing off 50 yards, 75 yards, etc. Aiming into the air, eyes closed, I’d let 5 arrows fly, one after the other, without opening my eyes. Each time, I’d find all 5 arrows in the ? bullseye.

In my 20’s I played Asteroids, the video game where you would destroy, yeah, asteroids. I held the top scores on the machine at my local pizza place. You were given three letters for your call name to associate with your scores. My letters: ZEN.

It would be lovely if I could practice zen living, but I’m too bound in my Western culture to divest of my emotions. Zen is a dream, a way of being I’m able to apply in doses to certain situations.

I'm not theperson, theeperson or even thyneperson.....but thyperson..... theperson was taken a long time ago in the Before Time. In the long long ago. In the time of AOL

A friend calls me Sticks because of my profession. 48 is the year l was born. After l was here for a short while, l realized l should have have just used my name which is Larry. It wasn't as if l was trying to hide something.

@darien75 Darien is your name, right? I should have used Larry48.

It's a shortening of an old nickname, "Little Miss Orbit"

Orbit Level 7 Dec 8, 2018

It's my super power. I take fabric and thread and make shit.

Duke Nukem is a popular video game character from a while back. I like spoonerisms too. Back when the internet was just getting started I realized the need for privacy so I've been using this username for everything. If you Google my actual name, like an employer might do, you'll see that I have a home and some bills that I pay electronically. Nothing really to that guy, he's a quiet fellow. Keeps to himself most of the time and pays his bills on time. If you Google Nukdookum, that guys into some sick and twisted shit. Loves butt pictures, buys leather impliments of toture, she goes through condoms like they are going out of style.

It's just my name. It isn't common so it usually is available and as my name is easy to remember.

@darien75 And Charlton Heston played me in the movie, how cool is that?

@darien75 Even better.

I enjoy literature and legends.

@Elganned excellent novel. Great American take on the topic. Love Gardner's take on Unferth.

@Elganned Grendel was great, but The Sunlight Dialogues was a classic!

What I'm doing/headspace when creating

Because I can

IAMGROOT!

@darien75 iamgroot...

@darien75 iamgroot <sigh>

A play on "blue roses," my favorite flower; also alluded to in "The Glass Menagerie."

Several things actually.

I read about Australopithecus afarensis named Lucy at a time when I needed a nickname; it's a common name on british tv which I like to watch but it all got tied together when people asked me stupid shit like "do you worship the devil/satan/ lucifer" whenever they found out I didn't believe in god.

I typically spell it as Lucyfer but when required to have a last name I spell it Lucy Fehr

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:239549
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.