Agnostic.com

11 18

LINK The Year of the Woman just roared in Trump's Oval Office - CNNPolitics

Donald Trump wanted a show in the Oval Office, so he got one. He just never expected that the title of said show would be, "Nancy Pelosi Takes Donald Trump to School."

And, wow, what a show it was. It featured yelling and condescending and mansplaining and interrupting and bloviating. As in, a revealing look at matters of men, women, politics and power.

Pelosi -- without raising her voice, without gesticulating wildly, without interrupting -- flipped the script on Trump, revealing his naivete on the subject matter and her new position of strength.

In his office. Live on TV.

HippieChick58 9 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think that roar was the outcome that came from the roar of women voters during the mid term elections. He looked pathetic. He is pathetic. Someone should put him out of his misery, politically speaking.

Was that actually Pence himself sitting there, or just a wax figure.......

I heard his favourite movie is Breakfast at Bernies. 🙂

I always thought he was a wax figure

That she did. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Trumpleforeskin huffing and puffing while his house was blown down.

Loved it! She was more effective in her calm truth-telling than all the bluster and bullshit Trump could throw at her. She showed why she is the best person in Congress to be a Speaker of the House!

Intellectually and morally, she towers over Trump!

He may never be over the truma, if he ever sees the damage.....just may be too delusional to see.

I really don't think he sees that meeting as we see it

@btroje think it may be like looking in a mirrow, even if delusional, you can't help seeing what you see on some level.

Kudos to Nancy for busting Trump's balls.

It was awesome..lol

Good article. Thank you.

I just wish Schumer had acted better...she definitely was the adult in the room...the men were all sorts of terrible, including the VP...

How can you object to someone who was trying his very best to blend in with the woodwork?

@jerry99 Blending into the woodwork is cowardly for the second most powerful position in the country. Do I blame him? Nope...he would have heard the wrath from that petulant imposter of a leader later, so given the choice, nodding off was probably to his best interest.

Pretty sure VP is not even close to being the 2nd most powerful. And I think Schumer did okay in standing up to Trump, just nowhere near as effectively as Pelosi.

@jerry99 I meant in terms of succession...the VP is an ineffective tool and sniveling butt kisser...I am glad Schumer spoke out but as I thought, his behavior gave fodder to the right...

@Veteran229 I have studied body language and the video you selected is from a biased source. Nancy Pelosi is indeed an alpha female and she is doing exactly what she should be doing based on the the body language and speech of the D...he is aggressive to the point of being childish..he has put up a wall and has quit listening, only HEARING what he wants...his open legged sitting position indicates that he has entrenched himself in an immovable position...his open hands flaying about is a tactic used in frustration and to distract people from paying attention to what is said...he is illiciting emotional responses instead of intellectual ones...

So you see...I guess the lesson to be learned is depending on your bias, you can find anything to back it up...if you curb your bias, you will see what is in front of you...

I maintain that she was the class act in the room and he was the baby.

@Veteran229 You do know they were talking about two different bills...the one that is supported by both Republicans and Democrats in both the House and Senate includes funding for the six appropriations to keep government open...that is the one she was talking about being able to pass...it includes $1.6 billion for border security...they have not even used 6% of the budget last year...why not?

He wanted to stay on his that includes the expensive funding for a useless wall...he was not listening...he was ram rodding what he wanted...

I understand his methods and his character. To say that most people find this acceptable is not accurate...more PEOPLE, not electorates, did not vote for him nor want this type of person. To accept it is like asking us to accept a low brow crook and it won't happen.

I suspect we won't have to adapt to him ever...he will never be my president...I will maintain my higher standard and I count on others to do the same.

@Veteran229 She didn't control him...she didn't save him...he went ahead and made a total ass of himself in front of the world, as usual...no surprise there...

No one said the wall won't work...they are saying it is too costly and the cost benefit is too high... and there are other avenues that have not even been tried...answer the question: why haven't they spent last year's budget? As well, he is spouting out falsehoods about the reasons..

You asked for reasons and have not responded to them...why not? I dare say it is because you, like him, have predetermined your views and have no interest in even considering alternative views....

So, in effect, as others have said to you before, conversing with you is an exercise in futility.

Look at reporting from those veteran reporters around the world...more people saw what I saw than what you saw...I get it...your lens is set and perhaps mine is as well...we will never agree, and of that, I am glad.

@Veteran229 Useless for the reasons he is giving...from my earlier post: drugs, terrorists, criminals...too expensive for those reasons...focus on the economics...cost benefit analysis...

The budget is a whole other can of worms...and a deflection...nice try.

Putting labels on me is doing exactly what you said was wrong with our ability to discuss anything intelligently anymore...

@Veteran229 Why does he want the wall? Seriously...why?

Not to stop drugs...not to stop imagined terrorists...not to stop criminal elements...all of those being his talking points to emotionally rev up the fear in people...

He has already lost his arguments about illegals taking American jobs...pffft...if anything, many places like Kansas have over 50,000 jobs that they can't fill that were previously done by illegal and legal migrants

He has given up the argument that they don't pay taxes...they do...that they get unearned benefits--they don't..

What is left? Why does he want the wall?

The possibilities are:

1.Some sort of tangible legacy to his presidency...one that will crumble when he is no longer in office...an ego thing...

1. He has some sort of financial stake in the companies that will be building the wall...how would we know? He does not disclose his financial information.

2. He is trying to stop people of color, ie. Hispanic (I apologize if I use the wrong terminology here) because he is racist

3. Hidden cost of illegal immigration--schools, food stamps and welfare for CHILDREN, not adults

The only one I can stand behind is perhaps 4...it is costing our country money, studies have shown that. But that one can be fixed with fixing our immigration laws, not a wall.

So...why does he want a wall?

@Veteran229 works for what? You are not answering the question...works for what?

To what end? Will it be needed if we change immigration processing? The caravan was an exception...there are not hoards of people standing at a wall everyday...this was a group that was escaping from violence...

I don't think he is against immigration...just immigration of certain people...if he was against immigration, he would target other countries: China, India, Philippines, Cuba...he is targeting Mexico and South America

We can change the processing to not be so costly to applicants and cut out the immense amount of paperwork...we can actually increase the standards, requiring sponsorship by a company or family...and yes, make them work for those benefits...we can change the law to stop birth country rights(being born in the USA to illegals should not be auto citizenship...)...there are many ways and both Dems and Repubs already have agreed to these..the stumbling block and the point of Pelosi was exactly that...THEY HAVE THE VOTES for this...just not the wall...

@Veteran229 We have indeed failed in this area as a country and now we are knee jerked into doing things that appear inhumane and drastic...it is on all sides...we want the same things and yet it appears the wall is the only point of contention...by the way, you better not speak out against Mika saying "butt boy" to describe Pompeo when you just posted "butt hurt" in another thread...ha haha...go change it to something else... 😉

.... and a great show it was. Almost a comedy in many ways. I certainly ended up grinning!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:242570
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.