Agnostic.com

22 3

For all the singles, how long have you been single? Do you think being single for a while has been good for you or does it drive you mad? I go through periods of intense loneliness from time to time but I have needed the time to work on things getting better in my life.

Levi_Hinton 7 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Single for 12 years. It's the way I intend to spend the rest if my life. I do not feel lonely. I like being alone. It's quite relaxing.

I have been single for 50 years and have live alone for 40 years. I am NOT lonely and rarely do I feel lonely. I am a loner and an introvert and prefer to be by myself most of the time, but I enjoy spending time with a woman when I have the opportunity to do so, which isn't very often. We are all individuals and there is no one size fits all for humanity. Know Thyself and To Thine Own Self Be True.

I've been single for about a year now. I write to keep myself busy, and this keeps me sane. Some days the loneliness is unbearable, but I endure.

Gohan Level 7 Feb 14, 2018

I seem to accomplish the goals that I set for myself when i am single. I like the freedom, but sometimes I do miss not having someone to share special times with.

Divorced since 1982. I do experience periods of intense loneliness.

I've been single a little over 18 months.
Sometimes I'm good with it and appreciate the freedom to do my own thing.
Sometimes I'm very sad to be alone so much.
Sometimes I think I've grown too weird to ever be with someone else again.

I have been single for a year and a half, dated a lady for 3 months and rediscovered that it requires a lot of effort. I spent the day on the ice catching fish with two of my friends and drinking beers. I enjoy being single and have to hold back as my friends complain about their significant other.

For the most part I have always been single (never married) and without a steady girlfriend for decades and no, I am not lonely. When the folks that I visit daily on the way home from work are gone, I may feel more isolated but I have managed to amass so many hobbies and interests that there are more projects to keep my occupied then then time.

That would be a lot of Math. But single since the 21st Century as someone else said.

Lonely? Not very often? I find pets help with loneliness. But there sure are nights I'd really love someone else to cook dinner?? Ok and bedtime. 😉

I absolutely can occupy my own time - but sometimes another person would be nice.

About 6 months now. It's definitely given me time and space to work on myself.

I've been single for a while. It sucks but I'm not going to let it ruin my life. I despise a culture that tries to make you feel like there's something wrong with you if you don't have someone to be with.

I think being single, well, it gives you time and introspection so you can think about what is MOST important to you in a person, in a relationship. And me? I’ve been single for 3 years. I’ve had a few ‘coffee’ dates, nothing and no one who made my heart go ‘Pitter patter’. It would be nice to share thoughts and ideas with someone, have a travel companion and that person who you feel comfortably intimate with.

I have been single for almost 6 months after the end of an 8 year relationship that I fought to save. After 8 years my wife started cheating on me, and 3 different times she just took off with him with no warning, then would come back to me repentant, but continue to see him behind my back. And I loved her so much that I believed her when she would say she was back, and not question her ridiculous excuses for her disappearing for hours, and when she finally left for good, I wasn't surprised but I was still devastated. So I'm really just getting used to being single again. Sometimes I hate it, and I feel like since I was with her for all my 20's(21-29), that I'll never be able to meet someone again. Other days I kind of enjoy just me and my dog together in my apartment

I have not been in a relationship in a decade. I had a casual thing that gave me my youngest daughter about 8 years ago. I had a casual thing that lasted about 6 months 3 years ago. I think it would be cool to be in a relationship again but it isn’t something that is “missing” from my life. I suppose that might change as my kid gets older though.

I've been single since 2008, I've dated, but nothing serious and I'm just fine!

14 years since my last relationship, 25 years since my divorce, beyond that I get confused.
It is actually ok, not as good as being in a good relationship, certainly better than being in a bad one.

I've been on my own for 13 years, minus a few short dating periods. While I'd like to have a special someone in my life, I am busy and active and have lots of friends. I have learned that I can be happy entirely on my own, as well, which has contributed much to my mental health.

Almost three months.

Not lonely yet.

Not even interested in dating yet.

But, it would be nice to meet up with atheists in real life just for platonic outings -- or innings, like board games.

Almost 12 years. I've enjoyed every minute.

But as a male, it's your move to ask a woman out for coffee. Surely you are a member in mixed groups, such as book, hiking, photography, ballroom dance, and other clubs/groups where you've met attractive women.

I've been single since 2010.
I felt relief, as I was now free to move to Thailand to teach.
Usually single females thrive emotionally, while men languish when single. I'm a gender mix, yet was able to thrive overall.

But my male side, like most males, longs for a mate. Since I blended my two gender sides by taking the Thai herb derris scandens ( so I can see both gender perspectives at the same time), I feel contented and happy, but think a fun companion might be nice.

I'm great with being single and on the rare occasions when I'm feeling a bit down I found out it's just constipation.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24404
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.