Agnostic.com

41 7

What is your biggest fear?

My biggest fear since I stopped believing in hell is that when I die I'm gonna be fully aware of the darkness and isolation instead of it being like going to sleep.

LeftyWright 5 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments (26 - 41)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My only fear is being alone at the end of my long life. Because I know if I'm alone, mankind has failed me.

I fear that something or someone will s!ow my growth and development as a human being, as I have allowed that to happen before. Have to remember to care about their burdens, but not to carry them as my own.

Losing control of my body with a fully functioning mind and being unable to end it.

Being helpless and totally dependent on others.

Spiders, heights, and living life without anyone I can truly rely on or trust. Oh and the dying alone thing, but others have said that.

Something bad happening to my nephews and nieces. They are like my own children.

Disability/incapacitation

It use to be being the very real likelyhood of being shot by north Vietnamese now it's the only slightly less likely chance of sitting in a class room or concert or gathering of any kind and some asshole "law abiding" gun owner walking down the hall/street with an ar-15.
Because of the former I avoid the later.

My biggest fear is that when I die, I'm just conforming here as I really believe I'm immortal, I will never have seen the Vikings win a Superbowl.

It is that orange man survives for 8 years and totally destroys the .USA Next would be not being able to care for myself and having to depend on others. I would rather that I not be alive than the latter.

Not being able to end my life at a time of my choosing; losing the capacity to do that. I'd rather jump with pride than be pushed in humiliation. I do not think it is either negative, nihilistic, or depressing to think like this.

It used to be the boogeyman in the closet, till the monster under my bed came and chased him away. Seriously though, it's dying a long slow painful death, like from cancer or a stroke. I watched my grandmother, grandfather, great grandmother and mother go that way. Fortunately I've had a heart attack and will probably go quickly.

Being trapped in a confined space with no means of getting out . When I was a kid we used to go into the storm drains the large ones were easy but the small ones you had to crawl on your belly It's hard for me to even think about it .

I have a slightly irrational fear of fire. I'm a big furball and I always imagine going up like a match when I'm around fire I don't have control of.

The end of my consciousness.

This question is right out of 1984 It might be better to skip it and go on to the next question. Winston's greatest fear was rats. Look what anwering the question got him. The last line of the book is, "He loved Big Brother."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26218
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.