Agnostic.com

14 2

Just curious. Does anyone believe in spontaneous human combustion?

I first read about it in "The People's Almanac", but have come across opinions on both sides. Some cay it is real and others say it is just urban myth. I am taking an agnostic position and waiting for more evidence one way or another. How about you?

snytiger6 9 Jan 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You bet it is real. I personally removed the 7 1/2 lbs of bone fragments from beneath the sub flooring of what was a 185 llb 65 year old male. This happened in 1964 in Napa, California.

alon Level 6 Mar 26, 2019

Does anyone? Sure. Do I? Nerp!

I have burst into flames figuratively...lol..but no I don't believe in spontaneous human combination.

Not spontaneous. There is an activation energy that must be met or it would have already happened.

I'm on the side of No...until I burst into flames.

I enjoy reading about it and googling the images.

i have not witnessed it. dickens believed in it and wrote it into at least one of his books. for me, the verdict is out.

g

Only for spinal tap drummers

Good one.

Lol Yeah! According to the band it happens all the time!

@Kojaksmom Damn l hope not! There have been nights when l felt like I was on fire. Last Tuesday was one of those nights, but no flames. 🙂

Nope

Honestly, I don't care if it's true or not. If it happens to me, I'll let you know.

Human bodies can burst into flames, but it is not spontaneous. There is always a cause.

Experiments with dead pigs wrapped in blankets and ignited demonstrate that there is at least one alternative explanation. Melted fat wicks throughout the blanket, burns as a wick allowing the temperature to go way higher than expected, resulting in almost complete burning.

If it happens to me, I'll let you know. Oh wait... no, I won't be here then!

Belief no. But I do think under certain conditions it is possible. Most of those urban myth type stories I find interesting but really irrelevant to my life. I do however ere towards the open mind in that the world is vast not to mention the universe. A better question for me is how to avoid it!

Quarm Level 6 Jan 31, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:278307
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.