Agnostic.com

39 10

places to meet people?

where are some places other than the bar you try to meet people, friends or romance? grocery store? library?

Janiesuper 6 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments (26 - 39)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Some coffee shops, gallery openings, a CrossFit box or similar type of gym.

You don't give much detail on your interests,hobbies etc but clubs, common interest groups could be a possibility, At least you would have something in common. Although I am one of the older members and am not looking for dates, I recently moved to a new area and joined a walking/ramblers group. It is full of lovely single ladies. Good luck.

Grocery store? I may not be smooth enough to pick someone up at a grocery store, but that is an interesting thought.

I’d probably make a bad pun and get arrested for harassment

@Sciguy7000 then I'd suggest to stay away from the produce section

Yep, grocery store and library are good, as well as taking some classes of anything (even better of painting), tennis in the park or going to a gym, yoga...wine tasting events are the best!

Never thought of wine tasting events that's awesomw

I did take classes at CNM, everyone is young haha

@Janiesuper, wine tasting events will have a group of 4 to 12 people on average, all strangers, but after the drinks and snacks keep coming we are all very good friends and really merry, it couldn't get any better!

@Merseyman1 i really like this idea

I play pool in a league.

This is a very good question. In my day you found people at the river party that was rumored to be going on. That or the bowling alley even if you didn't bowl. Certain bars that played music. Today I don't drink and drive. Not even one. A library in my area might have 3 people. Recently I went to the Senior Center with a friend. Here I met half dead people and we got to say the pledge as well as to pray. Then we ate and talked. Not my cup of tea.

I suspect a good place to meet people would be wherever it is that they sit around in a group all looking down at their phones and texting each other. Today you text Suzy about going to the event with you and she is sitting right by you. Or you can just text any words that show up on your screen and find out you are being played.

I'd like to know this too. I just can't hit on anyone without talking through texts first... I don't like the idea of not knowing if the person I'm talking to is single or not, and the idea of rejection face to face. I think it would be easier to swallow behind a screen if it happened. If I hit on someone I just randomly saw, I'd feel like a creep and I'm probably making the other person feel uncomfortable. I personally don't think bars are a good place to meet quality people.

The park? Zoo? Ball game? The lake? A lot of possible places but are all of these probabilities possible? Sure if you have time. Just have to be patient and find what is on the agenda for the day. Possibly maybe?

good ideas thank you. i'm 46 now, I think i've forgotten how to do it

@Janiesuper I am the same for the most part. All I do is work and take care of my children. It is hard enough finding someone that has the same views and mindset, let alone women accepting that I have four children. One adult and three minors. Going on two years now.

I was going to say the bar but you said not the bar so I won’t say the bar (the bar).

That was one of my concerns when I was a single adult...church was out. Ended up finding my wife on a dating service (pre-internet). My philosophy was that a truly compatible match is rare and thus I would have to go through hundreds on introductions before I would find a compatible mate. I can empathize and do not envy your task.

Good idea if you are open to meeting people from anywhere. Yes, I like starting conversations when i'm in recreation mode.

Post writing is also a fun, if you be familiar with after that you can write or else it is complicated to write.
<a href="[updateland.com] Donahue</a>

Level 1 Aug 4, 2021

This is how to meet people in your 30's
[hubpages.com]

Saturdays & Sundays in the manly section of big box stores such as Lowe's, Homedepot, Walmart. Hardware stores such as Ace, True Value. Walk around the paint, auto, electrical, lumber, plumbing, tools sections. You do not have to purchase. Shop for men. I don't but I know women who do.

i do this

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:291494
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.