Agnostic.com

45 8

Who else is tired of winter?

Dwgwnr 6 Feb 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments (26 - 45)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

ME! It seems to go on forever! And we are still in February, which is way too early to be out of winter! But, I wish it was over and done with!

I know right? But not me, with 80F...

Oh you poor dear! But I am not a fan of humidity!

Here in Australia, we need Winter. I can longer take the heat, especially at work. The kitchen I work in at work can reach up to 55°C to 60°C (1°F to 0°F). Where I live we only have 2 seasons, Summer and Winter...... but it is usually 90% Summer.

Rammy Level 4 Feb 25, 2019

meeeeeee i try to stay in denial about winter until the first big storm, this year was during christmas break. so then i manage to tromp through january, but by now im going nutsoid.

?✋?

Me!!! Hating it!!!

Winter just is (or isn't, depending on the location). I dislike hot humid days just as much as a winter nor'easter, but at least you can bundle up more for the latter; for the former, once you're naked, what else can you do to feel cooler? Thank dog for air conditioning, is all I can say. And at the other end, I positively love our gas fireplace. It's one of the extravagances we permit ourselves. Nothing like warming yourself in front of it!

Two here.

This has been a very nice Winter. And the pattern is that Winters will become more mild and Summer more hot. So enjoy Winter as their will be less of it every year.

Back in the Georgia area, it has rained almost steadily for 4 months! Here in NM, we hardly got rain in the monsoon season in the fall of last year and maybe 2-3 rains since last year! It is surely going to be unpredictable!

@Freedompath What part of GA? I am originally from Macon. And NM is gorgeous.

@JohnWay Norcross and Downtown Atlanta! NM is wonderful because the sky goes on forever and yes, other things! It is a bit on the windy side at times and we could use some rain!

@Freedompath I love Atlanta! But I don't think I could live in a Red state. When I grew up in GA it was progressive. I have since lived outside the South and I cannot go back. I love Chaco Culture Canyon NP. Oh, and I lost my accent immediately upon arrival in CA. LOL

so long as the polar vortex didn't get to you then winters are getting warmer. uh huh..even though they're having a horrible winter in the mid-west winters are getting warmer. even though we've had the worst feb for cold & snow on vancouver island in living memory winters are getting warmer. even though they've had snow at the lowest elevations ever in hawaii winters are getting warmer. even though they've had horrible winters in europe recently so long as it doesn't affect you then winters are getting warmer.
i think insular describes your mind-set.

@callmedubious Our ski slope closed in 90. Our last snowfall was 99. And stating the research doesn't make me "insular." It makes me well read.

@JohnWay if you have not been back to the Atlanta area, it is now a continuous city from west of Atl. to above Gainesville, to Lathonia and above Marietta! It is so stressful, even for my children, who have grown up there! Yes, I went on an archeologist dig for Chaco Culture back in 80s. I have been coming to Deming, off and on for nearly 4 yrs and it has been 10-15-20 most nights for 2-3 months! And no rain, to speak about! The past 2 yrs it was warmer in the winter!

@JohnWay on the Red State...in my observation, it is more ‘Bible Belt,’ than ever! I could never go back!

@Freedompath I have never been so cold while camping in late September at Chaco. The forecast was 60s and 30s. It got down into the lower teens two nights in a row. I learned a lot about cold weather camping with lightweight gear, my 20 degree bag did not keep me warm.

Wow, digs! That would be awesome!

@JohnWay yes! Once upon a time when I camped, I remember how I got so cold! I can hardly stand the cold here in my heated RV, camping outside would probably do me in now! One of my sons and his wife want to put a yurt here, I don’t know if they hold heat, but I guess they would be less likely to come in winter anyway!

I was back in November

I hate winter and always did since childhood when I got way too cold. The problem with being honest about it is the remarks you get from others that are like "love it or leave it" America remarks. I guess some people just like extremes.

Or some people believe that ‘all,’ people should feel the same! Which they never have!

@Closeted People around my area say that when they think you are complaining about anything. It's a line from an old Merle Haggard song called "The Fighting Side of Me." The idea is you can either love America or you can leave it.

Feeling sprinter weather right now.?

Yeah, spring - spring freaking rains!

What..? you had a wonderful winter, my kin in Oregon confirmed that … as we started off with two hurricanes, several ice storms, wind (sections of the Blue Ridge Parkway still closed), more snow than I can recall - then more of the same ‘over East.’ Not sure about the dry side, but the coast & valley of OR had it nice ~

Varn Level 8 Feb 24, 2019

Check my pic ..its been shitty on the east side

@Dwgwnr I saw that further down ... that's what ya get on the dry side 🙂

Me! At least it's raining today and not snowing...

As usual, we haven't really had a winter here - a couple of days with half an inch of snow (melted within hours), flowers blooming since before Christmas, bees and hoverflies out already and several days where it's topped 60f in the last few weeks.

I like winter. I wish we had them.

Jnei Level 8 Feb 24, 2019

Part of me would like to move to Canada for exactly this reason.

@MrBeelzeebubbles The main reason I want to move to Canada is I've always wanted a snowmobile. Since we get half an inch of snow every six pr seven years here, I really can't justify buying one.

@Jnei actual lol. Yes, they certainly look like a blast. I've ridden bikes and a mate's jet ski, so a snowmobile would complete the set - until someone invents the cool speeder bike thingies from Return of the Jedi.

Me me me!!!! Didn't get snow but rained on all night and day. So glad we didn't get round 3 of snow, but the rain sucks too!!!

We never really get a winter here in Clearwater FL.

Not here. The other day it was 83. Yesterday around 74.

Oh I can’t wait! In the Southern Hemisphere we have had a between 45-50C summer, the bush fires are rife and the humidity drives you up the wall! Can’t wait for 5 - 10C and the warm fire. I know what you mean though. I grew up in UK and the dark and damp can really get you down.

it was 41-42f in my area of Portland, Oregon today. It was raining gently, but, yes, I am tired of the grey skies!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:297129
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.