Agnostic.com

20 16

LINK Lions Eat Three Rhino Poachers Alive In South African Game Reserve - Healthy Food House

I feel like an ancient Roman cheering for the lions.....

snytiger6 9 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Best show of Karma!

I was so happy to hear about this. I hope the lions are organizing to find, kill and eat all poachers.

Tradition. Christian fed lions.

I hope that it works as a deterrent.

I hope the lions don’t get indigestion from the high cholesterol content of the poachers.

Score one for the lions. Did they remember to prey?

Are you referring to the lions or the poachers?

@snytiger6 The lions. "Prey" is what they did when they ate the poachers.

@DenoPenno Oops.... I am partially blind and didnt' notice the spelling. One of the many picture that flew throug my mind was the lions sayign grace before eating, which is of course ridiculous, even if a little funny.

Karma boomerangs can be amazing sometimes!

Normally, eating meat has a negative environmental impact but, in this case, it was a positive one. I wonder if the poachers were carrying guns? That would be a good way to show that even with guns you can't be protected from vicious, unarmed animals.

Did they taste like chicken?

Seems according to those who have tried it, that human tastes like pok. In some parts of the world where it was common to eat people, we were known as "long pig". So don't feed your cat pork or they may get the taste for it.

@Fernapple All cats are Jewish - that's why you never see pork catfood in shops 🙂

@Jnei Thats why they came out of Egypt looking for milk and honey, of course.

I think it's a fatty white meat...lol

Me: "Team Lion".

I hope they enjoyed their meal .

So do I!

Rhino poaching is obviously a very dangerous occupation. Maybe an entire party getting eaten off will scare others into a different line of work. Preferably something that does not threaten rare animals with extinction.

Hey, I wonder IF anyone bothered to ask the Lions if they'd like a side order of Christians with their 'meal?'

Lions - 3, Scumbag Poachers - clean sheeted. Kudos to the Lions for a nice job.

Rotten humans got their karma thanks to the Lions. Good!!

Yeah, I agree - they had it coming.
Still, I can't avoid the feeling that they may have been driven to it by extreme poverty and the need to take care of their families. Of course, I guess you could try to justify all sorts of heinous crimes with that reasoning. So, beats me!

The problem I see is that Africa has the biggest population growth of any country, yet the politicians, culture refuse to promote family planning. Also, often to be a man, one has to have lots of kids. Dwindling resources and expanding demand is a recipe for what we presently have. I fear things will only get worse.

@JackPedigo We will blow the world up because of overpopulation which resulted by fighting over dwindling resources.

Often the gangs who employ the poachers are run by extremely rich people, the gang members never involve themselves in the poaching. They employ the poachers on by results payment, they give them guns, send them out and regard them as one time only expendables.

@Fernapple "Often the gangs who employ the poachers are run by extremely rich people, the gang members never involve themselves in the poaching. They employ the poachers on by results payment, they give them guns, send them out and regard them as one time only expendables." Any links to a source that would prove that? How do you know that?

@dahermit Interesting look at the business
[theguardian.com]

@yamaha45701 And it has been going on for some time and is escalating.

"They had it coming" reminded me of "The Cell Block Tango" from the musical "Chicago".

@JackPedigo You make a great argument for zero or negative population growth.

@dahermit Sorry can't give you the exact source, as it was a BBC documentary I saw some time ago, but I have every reason to think that the information was credible, and if it is true then it should be possible to fact check it easily, an online search should turn something up. But having said that and given that there is such a wealth divide in many African counties, is it really likely that the poaching is organized any other way, you may be sure that the rich do not involve themselves in the poaching and the poor do not access the international markets.

No entrees . . . just deserts

Urp!

I almost posted this it's brilliant, poetic justice. ♥

I hope they ate slowly.

I hope they suffered a great deal. I love feel good stories like this.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:298190
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.