Agnostic.com

69 8

I recently became single because my ex decided he couldn't live with my cat. Prior to this, he kept giving me ultimatums: the cat leaves or he does. Would any of you give up your pet to make somebody else happy?

ShabbyChicGirl 5 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

69 comments (51 - 69)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I define these persons as abusive. Today is your pet, tomorrow is a friend... in few weeks your cel, your job...
No, is not they are allergic but the fact they can't stand the "competition".

I have 4 cats and I would not give any of them up. If someone doesn't like animals (or cats specifically) they 're not the right person for me.

He didn't love you to begin with. Sounds like the cat is a better lover then he was. Someone who dishes out ultimatums is looking for an excuse to ditch. If you dumped your cat, then it would be quit smoking, lose weight, take out the trash, etc.

zrez Level 4 Mar 1, 2018

Absolutely not. Any person who doesn't like my pets isn't for me. I'm sorry this happened to you. There are many other people who will love you AND your feline family.

Completely on your side. I would have made the same choice.

No way, not possible, could never happen.
I won't date women who don't like animals and stopped dating one when I found out she hated cats.

I would not, could not. Not even with a goat nor even on a boat. The pet stays.

SamL Level 7 Mar 2, 2018

Give up Pook? no way.

I don't have pets, but I have a friend who gave away her children's cat to be with a new man. The children were really attached to the cat. It was pretty sad.

Why did your ex not want to live with the cat?

two chances, fat chance and no chance

If it’s any consolation, I wouldn’t live with your cat either.. James

Leon Level 5 Mar 5, 2018

I had a gf who was allergic to cats. My cat is also my son's cat. Midnight stays. Tough cookies.

If were we're just talking one pet, no. I have one cat. I wouldn't leave over that. I'm just not into people who want like, 5-10 animals. My ex wife was like that. That's not why we divorced either BTW. But I am happy I don't have to deal with all those pets anymore.

My pet will always be first.

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever

Anyone who expects their partner to give up their pet for them is alarmingly selfish. It's no fun breaking up with someone, I know, but I'm thinking you dodged a bullet, honey. I don't think it would have gotten any better from there.

The relationship wouldn't even start if she didn't love my dogs. Things like politics, religion and dogs get sorted-out before the first kiss. No match... no need for the kiss.

I did this one time never again!!! I will never be with someone who doesn’t share my love of cats,dogs,birds and whatever else I have in my life.
I come as a package deal !!!!
I would never expect anyone to give up a beloved pet.
I might not be the animals best friend but I would be good to it and care for it out of respect for the other person.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30902
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.