Agnostic.com

82 9

What's the best thing about being single?

There are many pros and cons to single vs. married life. So, what is awesome about being single?

silvereyes 8 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

82 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

no reporting for duty or reporting in, if i wanna go do something I'm off, if I don't wanna visit the in laws etc. i aint gotta. mornings are easy, but the days are long.

Having never been married, I really have no frame of reference. I will say that for me, my dad lives with me and keeps me in check. once he is gone though, I have no idea what will happen. The biggest con for me would be that I would have no one to keep me in check so to speak. I may be free to do anything, but there are things that I would be free to do, that I might want to do, but I know is a very bad idea.

Not saying of course that being married would change that. But the fear of being alone stems from the fear of my own stupidity. OK, I know that was not the awesomeness of being single. But it is my POV! Which is probably not the story for most who are single.

Most men who choose to be single have varying higher levels of female hormones, since independence is a female trait, so are able to live alone contentedly. This is a problem for high IQ creative type men, who are typically too busy pursuing interests and careers to bother much about procreation, and often have serial relationships.

In Asia, where most people seem androgynous, even men who marry often live with their mothers, often in another village from their wife, and both spouses are likely to have side lovers, of either gender. I often meet single white males in Thailand, but those are usually fussy, neat British or European men, with high levels of female hormones.

Normal cis hetero American men, in contrast, seem almost desperate to have a female lover, even from childhood. In fact, it seems to be their main preoccupation.

I’m not sure whether I should be insulted and/or concerned. @birdingnut

The soul crushing loneliness! And eating all the pizza.

Used to bug the hell out of me too. I know you have little free time but try to find a group or make a group of friends. Support systems make all the difference.

Cook all the meals. No sharing ice cream

Not being asked, "what's for dinner?" That question has almost moved me to homicide.
Sleeping in the middle of the bed, and not being kept awake by someone else's snoring.
Not having to clean someone else's hair out of the shower drain, or their toothpaste leavings out of the bathroom sink. Or having to clean whiskers out of the bathroom sink.
Doing laundry for one.

Deciding where TF to eat.

Decision making is ridiculously simple. Plus my grocery bill pretty reasonable.

Zster Level 8 Mar 2, 2018

Not being manipulated, bullied and guilt tripped into sacrificing all of my needs for someone who would not do anything for me. Hoping that doesn’t apply to all relationships but it certainly is a nice change for me.

I can vouch it as well, @A2Jennifer, and I'm sorry that was how you had to live previously ... and will never live that way again. 😀

Being single means that you have something to look forward to, of experiencing that wonderful joy of meeting and falling in love with the woman you choose to share the rest of your life with. Those early years of companionship are priceless........ These are my feelings about the best of being single.

Freedom

My motto is "I want a man in my life, but not in my house". When you get to be my age, for me its nice not to have all the drama. I don't like having to answer to someone but I do get lonely sometimes but it passes. You don't need someone else to make you happy!

Choices are made by me, because of my and for me!! It makes me kinda feel selfish but until i have a partner in life thats how it will be!!

I get to watch my little dog run like hell away from my ex when he comes for his visitation rights.

You need to (Discretely) make a video of that.

Door Pants!

Time alone to concentrate and think. Plus farting is allowed. 🙂

No mother-in-law . Don't have to deal with other people's addictions , such as smoking , etc . Am more able to invest in my future .

Queen size bed to myself. If there’s a mess I know I made it and I’m not cleaning up after someone else. Leaving the bathroom door open. EVERYTHING!!! Lol. But I’m 43 and this is the first time I’ve lived alone in my life.

That's a tough call Mrs. Eyes. 😉

Probably the best best thing I can remember about being single way back in the day was doing whatever I wanted whenever I wanted.

No working my schedule around anyone else's.
Does that seems selfish? Of course it does, it's practically the definition of being single.

I never did like responsibility very much.

Eating the whole plate of brownies all by myself.

Not haveing to have any type of communication before I've had my first cup of coffee of the day.

I enjoy a cool room with a blanket, pillows, book and the dog! I love the feeling! Still want a hug occasionally, but no one leaves after a hug!

No inlaws

I have a friend with serious in law issues and when she is venting, I'm thinking "damn, I'm glad that's not me."

After reading all the comments it turns out this may not be the most fruitful site for dating after all. 😉
People really do suck the life out of you don't they? 🙂
Ok, so who wants to come over and not interact?
I love you forever just don't talk to me. 🙂

No hesitating, no discussion. Like Nike, JUST DO IT!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31457
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.