Agnostic.com

51 7

What's the worst food in the world?

Either something you've tried, or something you've heard of but would quite frankly rather starve to death than ever eat.

I'll start with three...

Casu marzu cheese, which contains live maggots [en.wikipedia.org]

Canned whole chicken [oddee.com]

Canned pork brains in milk gravy (check out the cholesterol level on what must be the least kosher food ever invented) [static.neatorama.com]

Jnei 8 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

51 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Balut. It's especially appalling as a vegetarian. I consider myself adventurous when it comes to food, but I draw a hard line at eating boiled duck embryos.

I concur. I was offered balut in Manila. No thanks, but pass me some more pancit.

At times like that I'm glad to be vegetarian - I can claim it's "for religious reasons" as a polite way to say "absolutely no way I'm eating that!"

I got you all beat! Surströming. Quite literally it is putrified raw herring in a can.

A friend of mine who lived in Sweden for many years says it's delicious - but I quite agree with you and am content to take his word for it rather than try it myself! (@Charlene would agree, too - she listed it below!)

Omg...gross

Chitterlings with hog maws

Had to Google both of those!

@LittleAnimal255 You're obviously not from The South. Other areas have that too, but you can't have lived in the south and not have heard of this. I've never seen it spelled before though. I always figured it was spelled like it's pronounced - chit'lins.

Haggis. It's all my nope, cooked in more nope with a side of nope. (Sheep internal organs cooked in its own stomach, for those blissfully unaware of this..thing)

2nd one: Vegemite. Ew.

I'll assume you marinated your nope in pure nope beforehand.

Haggis is delicious delicious

Something served in an empty dish.

Gohan Level 7 Mar 3, 2018

Any organ that filter urine or has urine come out from it. Ditto for any involving feces

I shall never open, nor taste, a can of Surstromming..ever..not even if hell does freeze over...or if the mountains crumble to the sea..

What is that?

@Ravenwolfcasey It's a Swedish delicacie..of aged herring..it comes canned..It is extremely maloderous...I can't tell you what it tastes like..but it definately Stinks of dead fish..

@Charlene gross

@Ravenwolfcasey eeeeeyes!

Even the thought turns my stomach! I think I'd rather eat spider abdomens and some of the other stuff mentioned in these comments!

Brussels sprouts. To me they taste the way dead things smell. Blech.

To me, they taste how farts smell. Never understood why people want to eat the things.

Brussels sprouts are little balls of evil.

Love them.

@FrayedBear Yes, but you live in the country that came up with the pie floater 😉

They turned out to not be bad at all raw. Never cook the little stinkers though - yuck!

@FrayedBear I love them..roasted is best!

@Charlene Someone told me to have them with chestnuts ... keeping buying the chestnuts but forget to do them. When you roast do you give the a wipe of oil or fat first and if so any particular favoured? The goose, pork or beef fats particularly spring to mind.

@Jnei lol.which country? Are you refering to meat pie in mushy peas? ... and lol, be careful or I may start mentioning wasabi peas and other eastern delicacies.

Ramen

@JaciBea. I can't even imagine!

How dare you insult the adulation of the Flying Spaghetti Monster! May His noodly appendage (aw crud, the joke played out before it was finished 😛 )

Oh...I forgot. Blasphemy!!!

haha...I love canned chicken....we called it 'the punk challenge'...Watching people eat large fried spider abdomens still makes me queasy and I have had survival training. Let's just say I would have appreciated some cheese with my maggots.

ROFL! spider abdomens ... 😛

@MST3K oh, now you dunnit! Let me see if there is a youtube video...I saw the video in survival training, showing us the wide selection of yummies in the wild...this isn't the video we saw, but it works:

Survival training is much easier here in the UK - you just walk a couple of miles in any direction and you'll find either a 24-hr petrol station or a Tesco Express. No consumption of spiders required!

Canned chicken, canned vegetables, fried fast food, food with preservatives,salt.

Stove top stuffing. Growing up it was cheap and my family was poor and we ate that a lot. I hated it my brothers and sister hated it. I refuse to ever eat that again.

What is it?

@FrayedBear Wet bread crumbs with seasoning.

@noworry28 Thanks. The equivalent of English bread and dripping without the calories but more flavour.

I can't even read these responses. Just. No.

Marzipan, or any of its derivatives.
The worst thing I have ever tasted, however, was a pot noodle imitation, bought by my friend for about 20p. It tasted of wrong, rubber and death.

Litmus test "would the rat eat it?"

I like casu marzu , but for me , the worst thing I, ve ever tried is that putrid ,,rancid , fermented shark as a delicacy in Iceland. I can't even pronounce it.

Sounds horrid. Shark is best poached.

It took a brave or very hungry person to eat the first oyster.

You do have to wonder who first looked at one and thought "that looks like something I want to eat", don't you?

You also have to wonder how many people died from eating kidney beans before someone worked out you have to soak them for several hours and then boil them - and why, after the first people to eat them died, they bothered.

@Jnei I had no idea what I was doing with my first batch of pinto beans, and I was told later that I could have died. They were so disgusting not soaked that I guess I couldn't eat enough to do any damage. They probably just figured out pretty quickly that to make them more palatable, soak them a long time first. People died so often of so much that far back that people probably didn't figure out that unsoaked beans killed people until they noticed that people didn't die after eating soaked beans.

Or someone with a heavy cold .

@MarcIveson yuck. Mind you we had a Prime Minister caught on camera eating his earwax.

Anything with High Fructose corn syrup.

Pretty much anything I would cook.

The severed pickled "feet" of swine in glass jars.

Tripe
Pigs feet
Fermented Shark
( never ate any of these but have handled tripe for a dog treat product...the most vomit inducing stench I assure you)

The worst food in the world is LIVER ugk.
I would not give that shit to my dog.

Your dog would love you..and Liver is one of the healthiest things you can consume...Native Americans always ate pieces of raw liver from Buffalo...I believe it's high in Vitamin K

Try #TurkeyLiver

Bugs....and lima beans

Balut. Look it up (if you dare) - I'd rather look up two girls; one cup than think about eating balut.

Microwaved frozen okra. I could not swallow it - the texture was like baby slobber with chunks, and tasted like I imagine that would taste, too.

Oh, and either Beef-Not or Chicken Not vegetarian meat substitute. Feels and tastes like sponge, no matter what you soak it in or for how long. How dare they call that "food." Basically unswallowable.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31610
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.