Agnostic.com

21 3

Do you find yourself still telling people to go to hell, even though you know there is no such place?

GlyndonD 7 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, and I still say thank God.

And oh my god, and sometimes jesus, jesus christ, even jesus h christ and jesus fucking christ...xD

@Neraven I'm working on thank the fucking Lord

A coworker joking told me, after some wild-A$$ conversation, that I was going to hell. I said, there is no hell. He was quietly taken aback.
I tell people to F off or GO F YOURSELF.
actually if they read the bible, most people are already going to hell, so its hardly a threat.

Me and you.

Nope, I've upgraded to telling them to fuck off. Go to hell always lacked the venom I wanted anyway.

I use loads of faith/god/religion related sayings 'Good god!', 'For heaven's sake', 'Jesus Christ!', '.....of biblical proportions', 'For the love of god/christ', I'm sure there are others, they don't mean anything other than being just another cuss. I do of course have the tried and trusted 'Fuck Off!', 'Piss Off' etc as well as a wide variety of other profanities and insults suitable for all occassions 🙂

I should really use piss off more

Naw...i just tell them to fuck off

I don't think I ever told someone to go to hell? So nope!

However was in a movie theatre with my sister (who is Catholic) and during a tense moment - she yells out "Fuck no!" and I yell out "Jesus Christ!". We both did a double take... and then laughed our butts off.

Certain ingrained habits just stick! 😉

That's pretty funny xD
I think I've done it...twice? Definitely once. When I was a young teenager.

I just tell them to fuck off nowadays..

No, I just mutter loudly"these earthlings are such a pain. Can't wait till we finally take over this planet." Then walk away with a disgusted look

That would be hilarious to see, I think!

I still tell religious assholes to go to Hell. It only matters that THEY believe it's real.

Hell isn't that bad. I have lived it. Just remember when you are going through hell, just keep going!

JK666 Level 7 Mar 3, 2018

BTW, I prefer to tell them to go fuck themselves, as it is less confusing.

Yeah, I've done it once or maaaaybe twice in my life, about ten years ago give or take a year. These phrases are pretty prolific in society, so it just gets ingrained. I think most people probably still say Oh my god, but there's some others I say with god or jeebus in them. I made a point quite some years ago now of slurring "bless you" to pronounce it as "bleshue" - I got that idea from pronouncing Uranus as "Your-rain-es" (in other words, very disctintly putting two r's in there) since I was 9 or 10 lol.

I tell them that whenever I see them my middle finger gets a boner.

No. When a conversation devolves to that point, "fuck off" is my go to.

Haha, yup.

It's still a place in most folks' minds, even if I don't personally believe in it's physical existence.

It gets the point acrost.

Of course... It still has the emotional impact, so I might as well use it.

Sure do. They believe in it.

No gfy is much more effective.

Sure. Linguistic hold overs. They have declined over time, but they still manifest.

If I'm extremely angry with an asshole, I will. At least online. I do like to add "... the sooner, the better" at the end.

Yes, it's for their benefit though. Hell and the threat of hell maybe laughable to us, but I use that expression because it's the most horrible fate that they can imagine. Sometimes I say it jokingly to other atheists too

JimG Level 8 Mar 3, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31700
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.