Agnostic.com

31 5

How close are you to your animal protien?

Did you raise the animal? Did you kill the animal? Did you butcher the animal? Did you cut it into nice little bits, and vacum pack them?

I have done it all. I apreciate every bit of animal protien I consume. I know where it comes from.

Leutrelle 7 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

To me, that's just psychopathic.

I used to kill pigs and I think everyone who eats animals should see it. when I was in my teens we often watched my dad gutting fish. we should respect life even in death.

I hunted most of much of my life. I have killed many big game animals from From Antelope, Deer, Elk, Bear, Moose, Javelina, Squirrel, Rabbits, and many game Birds. So, I have field dressed, packed out, and butchered lots of animals for my families consumption. I believe in strict controls of animal populations and hunting.
At one time In 1972 through 1973 I ranched with my Uncle on a 20,000 acre cattle ranch. we raised 400 head of mother cows along with 40 Bulls and 6 horses. I also raised and marketed over 800 piglets from 50 sows for sale at market. We killed and butchered our own beef, and on ocassion a hog. I grew up in Imperial Beach, CA and my first trip to Montana to visit my uncles ranch was when I was 24 in 1970.
I have not hunted in 15 years and use my camera now days. I am not against hunting or eating animals that are plentiful, but just not excited about it in my later years.
I have a hard time understanding the basis for anti hunting advocates. I respect the view and am against cruelty of animals. But to treat animals of all types as though they should all live out their natural lives in peace and harmony is not logical nor natural. People I know who feel that way cannot discuss it on an intellectual level. It always devolves into their belief as though it was a religious or spiritual thing. And that is where they get angry because they sound just like Bible people or Thiests. It is fine for preditor animals to kill, and very cruelly so, in order to eat, but man is supposed to be spiritually evolved beyond that. I respect the belief of those who eat no meat at all, wear not pelts at all, or buy nothing else made from animals. I respect them just like I do Christians. But I don't want their illogical beliefs in my face or my politics.
I would like to heat a logical discussion on this that did not devolve into accussing hunters of do it to make up for their dick size. I love the Bill Maher show but cannot understand his illogical defense of anti hunting groups. He mentions dick size almost every time he speaks on the subject. a funny joke but very demeaning to me. But that is how the subject goes, because there is no factual, logical reasons behind it.
I am sure I will hear some discussion on this. But if you respond with spiritual, emotional arguments arguments, our say there are not enough deer in the country Or some other animal that is plentiful I will call you on it. I am not for hunting Wolves, or Grizzly Bear. But that is a government and regulatory argument and depends on accurate numbers, etc. That and regulation of hunting laws. And I know those having spent 20 years in Montana.

I wish you would have made a smaller argument. I think we probably are in agreement. We like meat, and all animals should be treated with respect.

@Leutrelle You're kidding yourself if you think killing is a form of respect.

I've been a vegetarian for over 30 years but if someone starts talking about how "mean" hunters are & they are not vegetarian, I give them a pretty bad time. I firmly believe hunting is overall much more humane than buying factory farmed grocery store meat. Hunters are honest meat eaters & I can respect that. Of course I wish everyone in the world was vegetarian but that's never going to happen, so it makes sense to focus on humane treatment for all animals. I also don't see how eating a dog or horse is worse than eating a pig or cow either. To people who say it is, I wonder what the difference is between pet rabbits & the ones people eat. They look the same & have the same brain & nervous system. Some people really watched Bambi too many times when they were little!

Interesting. The only animal meat I eat is ocean cold water fish, for the Omega-3 oil, but if someone eats meat, raising your own would at least avoid factory farms, cruelty, GMOs, pesticides, drugs, and hormone additives.

Still, despite my realization that people do eat meat, and despite my own having to eat fish for my health, I would never date anyone who actually enjoyed hunting, fishing, or who raised animals to slaughter.

It's understandable🙂 I wish I could only eat fish. We eat what the earth gives😉

@Leutrelle Nope. We eat what we decide to eat. Meat makes me sick; even organic free range chicken gives me a headache, eating red meat makes my heart skip and flop like I'm going to have a heart attack, all meat but fish makes me full of mucous, makes it hard to breathe when I lay flat, also makes me lose my sense of smell from congestion.

When I cut out red meat, white flour, and most processed food from my diet when I was in my 20s I never had the flu or infections again.

I didn't even get sick, and my stamina suddenly doubled. My kids ate that way and didn't even know what a doctor was..they were never sick and I had home births.

@birdingnut I am lucky, and I can eat pretty much everything.

O have killed, dressed, and cooked many animals in my lifetime.. I did not relish it, but it was a fact of life in a rural area.

I have not done any of those things. Nor would I.
I get your point though.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33468
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.