Agnostic.com

30 3

Are you a night owl, a morning person, or both?

I absolutely Love mornings, but I'm usually up until 3-4am. I get very little sleep in between.

• 14 votes
  • 29 votes
  • 28 votes
ashortbeauty 8 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

At the moment I am calving out my cows so night is when I need to check them every 2 hours or so, with a flashlight this means I have to go out into the cold makes it really hard to sleep between checks. During the daylight I can check them from my bedroom window with binocculars or my spotting scope and if nothing is happenning climb back into bed and sleep for a couple of hours then check again. Most of the rest of the year I am more of a morning person.

Don't talk to me before I have had ny coffee, and a first breafast🙂

Are you a Hobit? "First breakfast," ...second breakfast. 😉

I can force myself to be a morning person with the aid of copious amounts of coffee, but naturally I'm a night owl - if I didn't work, I'd very rapidly become completely nocturnal and wake at dusk, then return to sleep (possibly in a coffin containing soil from my homeland) at dawn.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 7, 2018

You are me in a few years.

I used to be a night owl till I gave up cannabis about 5 years ago. I then became within a month a morning person.

How did that work? Usually cannabis helps people get to sleep and sleep better, doesn't it?

I'm one of the unfortunate people who suffered mental illness so sadly had to give it up. really though I couldn't tell you, it just happened. 52 years a night owl and 5 early mornings.

@LeighShelton any preference between the two? Or, does it even matter; just is what it is?

I get the same amount of sleep so it doesn't matter really.

@LeighShelton I have D.i.D and also depressions at times I use valium.

I get panic attacks and depression and always use valium @jacpod

What is this thing called sleep? I am relatively unfamiliar with it.
Can function on 4 hours sleep in 24 as a regular routine. Night owl by nature but if I set an alarm clock will wake up at least 5 minutes before it goes off, regardless of how little sleep I've had. Can still pull an allnighter then work all day, though will start getting a bit ragged if I try to do that two nights in a row.

Kimba Level 7 Mar 7, 2018

I hate mornings. Unless I am going fishing.

At times in my life, I was a real night owl -- even to the extent of doing my best thinking and work bwtween 10 PM and 2 AM. Now, I am an afternoon person.

I was a night person but now I teach High School so I've become a morning person. Not by choice. As soon as I get a longer break, like more than a week, my schedule starts to slip. Then I pay mightly for it when school starts back.

Morning, love getting up at 3am for the quiet. I'm about dead by 9pm.

I was a night owl till I hit 60 and hten I became a norning person - I have always been able to get out of bed on time.

I retired at around 60, so it flipped for me. I had to be up and at it before 6 am; not anymore.

Mornings are highly overrated. Lol

I usually go to sleep between 2 and 4 AM.

I am a night owl and always have been. My mom told me I'd keep her awake nights when she was carrying me, especially during the last 2 months.

Night Owl. That was one reason playing music for a living instead of a hobby was appealing. Also the dimmer the light the better I look. In complete darkness I am damn near handsome.

Lol

Night owl

I am a night owl. There's a reason that morning and mourning are pronounced the same.

Lol

I run all day and all night. I sleep when I can. I usually don't even know what day it is.

I think I'm both and definitely not an afternoon person. Haha. That's usually when I get tired. But that could be from touring as a roadie. You get up early and set everything up, take a nap in the later part of the day, then tear it all out late night and go to sleep around 3am to wake back up around 7am. Over and over. Not as glamorous as it sounds.

Wayno Level 3 Mar 7, 2018

Used to be a morning person but since i retired tend to be up later and staying up later at night.

I'm up early every morming and stay up late every night. I find myself needing an afternoon nap around 3:00. Unfortunately, I'm usually at work.

All depends on how you measure. Sometimes I may still be up at 5 am. my time conversing with someone around the world when it is their 3 pm. Does that make me a night or a morning person?

Depends on the average timeframe. When you're not chatting all night, are you still up and full of energy?

@ashortbeauty LOL how can an opinionated chatterbox known to have talked in their sleep answer that one? 😀

Stay up usually past midnight and wake at 5am or earlier.

I don't want to be a morning person, but I don't really have much choice.

Wonder if the 5 other votes so far for night owl are also members of the " Insomniacs " group on here?

There's an "Insomniacs" group. I'll have to find that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33539
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.