Agnostic.com

75 6

Has anyone ever had an encounter with a celebrity?

Redcupcoffee 7 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

75 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Quite a few as I worked security at various venues around London for a few years in the late 80's early 90's ( Queen, Status Quo, Kiss, Diana Ross. Stevie Wonder Barry Manilow.... the list is almost endless. I usually worked backstage so would quite often briefly meet celebs but my favourite one was when I was on holiday in India. I was walking around the outside of a temple in Daramshala when the Dalai Lama just walked out of a door in the temple wall. I was actually tongue tied and flustered. He just smiled and went on his way. and I'm still talking about it years later 🙂

I ran into Spro Agnew at the airport in Copenhagen, after he was released from jail..I laughed at him..Lololololololololol

I would avoid having any encounters with "privileged" people. Just who I am.

I gave James Doohan a ride in my car once. ok that sounds weird

Diana Ross, Anthony Perkins, James Taylor .... different times, different places, all good !

A few years ago I was working security at The Hyatt in Albuquerque and the front desk had me bring up a bag to Jonathan Banks when he was filming his final part in Breaking Bad. That was pretty cool.

Same. I've just about been everywhere in this state at some point lol.

I sliced a loaf of bread for Radar from M.A.S.H. at work, also ran into the former guitarist of Hatebreed there

As well as several meet and greets with many bands

I was a newspaper reporter, so I've met plenty of celebrities - Arnold Schwartzenegger, Marlo Thomas, Dick Sargent, and The Guess Who, come to mind. Once I stood in a line in a convenience store and the guy in front of me was Carroll O'Connor. He was the only celebrity I really spoke to - he'd bought film and was trying to figure out how to load his camera - we figured it out together and he was very pleasant and friendly.

An encounter? Or a sighting? I've had both. I've spent a fair amount of time at Disneyland and have spotted Kobe Bryant there (apparently a regular there). I saw Corbin Bernsen in Vegas in a hotel lounge. Back at DL, my daughter spotted some "Internet celeb" I didn't recognize. LOL! Most notably, back in Anaheim while having dinner at Naples restaurant in the Downtown Disney complex, we found ourselves in a booth right next to Robert Carlyle, who plays Rumpelstiltskin on Once Upon A Time. He was just on vacay with his fam, like regular peeps. We waited until the last possible moment to approach them (More accurately, my ex-wife did). He was gracious and friendly in the extreme. Accommodating us with pics and conversation. A very nice man. I live and work in Sacramento, CA and a couple of years ago spotted Gov. Jerry Brown Jr. sitting outside a bar in the Midtown area. Meh. =]

I met Tom Hanks and his wife and son at a wedding. Steve Forbes came to my company to ask the CEO for a contribution, and he and I relieved ourselves in adjacent urinals. I encountered John Lennon and Harry Nilsson, both thoroughly drunk, at a night club in Philly. I say next to Slim Pickens on a flight from Denver to Wyoming. And I shook hands with Gary Hart, Wilt Chamberlain, and John Kerry, all on separate occasions.

I was friends with Harry's son Zac. After John died Harry and Ringo-Zac's father were best buds-here's pic at Ringo's house with Zac, Harry and my ex husbands band-1994

pic below

Whoa, that is so cool!!

Only you my dear.

Several. They put their pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us. There pants are just more expensive. Some were nice, some not so nice just like everybody else.

William Shatner. Almost nose to nose. I did not address Him as I would any other I may chance to meet. They get that FANatic reaction all of the time. If they were at a public meeting where their presence was the point, I would behave differently.
I would hate to be famous. Were it my misfortune to be so, I would hope more of my "fans" would think like that as well. Oh, As I think of it, I have met others.

Yes loads 🙂 a personal friend is a WEC race team owner/driver. I am an MSA scruitineer so I've done the world rally in the UK and met all the drivers. I've been taken up the Goodwood hill in a Morgan aero 350 driven by Charles Morgan himself. I've met Billy Connoly, Jake Humphrey's, Stirling moss......and that's just for starters 🙂

AdieG Level 4 Mar 7, 2018

Oh and I've met Muggs from Cypress hill and smoked a joint with the Cat from Red Dwarf (back in my youth)

In 1972, I had a beer with Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull in the Sandbox in Schwabing, Munich. He appreciated talking to somebody speaking English and was a real gentleman.
Later that year, a friend introduced me to Ravi Shankar in Amsterdam. Also a very nice man.

Very envious. I'm a huge fan of Ian Anderson.

@Otterpop He was not at all like his stage personna. Told me about is farm up in Scotland, said I resembled his wife. Not sure if that was a compliment or not. LOL.

I once saw Rick Astley in the back of a limo on the motorway.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 7, 2018

I cannot deside if that's a true story, or you are just building up for an elaborate Rick Roll. I've been hurt before!

Haha i love it!

This better not be a Rick Roll... -_-

R2D2's secret message

@JeffB @NeoXerops Genuinely a true story!

Never kiss and tell

I just met DJ Khalid in Vegas a few days ago.

I went to high school with Ralph Macchio (The Karate Kid). It was a large school and I only saw him in passing.

I saw Melissa Harris Perry walking Uptown in New Orleans.

I met and took a picture with Rachel Maddow at the Pride Festival in Seattle when she was only radio famous. That's back when Rush Limbaugh was known to say "Rachel Maddow?!?! Whoever heard of Rachel Maddow?!?!" So, I made a sign for the parade that had that on it.

@Redcupcoffee I think we'd be tied for that post, Red. LOL! 🙂 She's adorable! And, my partner and I kept running into her after the parade and I remember saying "Really, I'm not stalking you." She's super tall, very androgynous (as you know, since you've watched her show and seen her without makeup), very friendly and I was super duper nervous because I think she's the smartest, sexiest woman alive. Really.

Did you listen to her on Air America Radio? That's where I first "met" her.

Then I dragged a non-political non-news junkie friend to a Town Hall in Seattle where she was on the panel. I don't think she does those kinds of things anymore -- it would be cool if she does. Would be a good meetup!

@Redcupcoffee LOL!!! I like that she and Susan have been together for so long (including since before I met her in 2005), but if anything ever happened to them, totally make your move. 🙂

@Redcupcoffee

@Redcupcoffee 13 years ago and I was about 30 pounds heavier.

Who doesnt love Rachel Maddox, I love her, never miss her show!

I once met Kevin Bacon. He was real nice. Kevin Sorbo once before he became a religious weirdo. Gladys Knight was awesome. Penn and Teller separately both real nice guys.

I'd love to sit down and have a chat with Penn Jillette. He's cool.

i went to penn and teller's show in vegas. teller seemed genuinely nice but penn seemed like he was forcing himself to smile. they DO put on a good show.

Several. Met Caesar Romero when I was a kid. While he was playing the Joker on Batman. My younger sister ate his breakfast while he spoke with my mother and grandmother. I was starstuck. He was really nice to us. Especially my sister. She was 3, and very cute.
Was in line at a deli, ahead of Chris Doering. At the time, he was still playing football at
the University of Florida. He was nice as well.
Had a conversation with Cheech Marin, while riding an escalator at McCarron Airport in Las Vegas.
Met Barry Sanders while waiting for a flight at LAX. He ended up sitting behind me, in coach, for the flight from LA to Detroit. He kicked my seat the whole way. I'm probably the only person on the planet who can say that "Barry Sanders kicked my ass cross-country".
What's really interesting/weird was, the night before, my ex and I had been talking about him.
Met the late David Canary (actor) while on line for a ride at a theme park in Springfield, MA.
So far, all my celebrity encounters have been pleasant. No one was an asshole.

Yes. I've been an extra in two major movies; "Secretariat," and "Seabiscuit, " so got to hang with the stars, although I didn't talk to them. I was in scenes near them though, as part of the crowd background, and John Malchovich flirted with my daughter, who was also an extra in Secretariat.

Growing up in Haiti, I was sort of a star myself. I sang on the radio with my siblings live on air for music request programs, played instruments, sang in three different languages, made island tours, cut two records-one when I was 15 yrs old, in 1967, and one in 1970. One the singles from the second record, recorded in Spanish, was a top hit for three months on the top pop Port-au-Prince radio station.

Also, since I moved to Thailand in 2010 to teach, almost two years ago I acted in a Thai pop hit music video, so Thai people recognized me in the streets and yelled my lines to me.

The photo is from the record cover in 1968. I'm the one holding my Hispaniola Amazon parrot, from Haiti, which I had hand raised from a chick.

When I worked in a restaurant right outside the French Quarter, I've bumped into a few. I got a camera in my face for the Insomnia TV show, though I'm pretty sure they didn't use me.

Harry Anderson, the judge from night court, use to drop by the restaurant all the time. He was pretty cool, though I know a few women that were annoyed with him. Once a bartender a few doors down came by and told me, "if Harry does that fucking trick with the condom one more time I'm going to scream. " Never seen it myself, but apparently he would snort a condom and then have part of it come out of his mouth. Then sort of work it back and forth like floss.

I met Noam Chomsky. He was pretty awesome. I was a little start struck., And more than a little upset with myself about it.

JeffB Level 6 Mar 7, 2018

A couple, but the funniest was when I was in Nashville for a seminar in the late '90s. When I left the airport terminal there were limos everywhere. I didn't pay much attention to their passengers.

A lady at the hotel, told me that the country music awards were that night. Apparently, I bumped Michael Bolton when I got off the elevator.

I don't know anything about country music, so I have no clue how many celebrities I saw at the airport.

JimG Level 8 Mar 7, 2018

Yep! I met Gene Simmons in the LA Farmer's market back in 2014 and had the opportunity to have a short conversation with him and his wife. Even got our picture taken.

@Redcupcoffee He was honestly one of the nicest people I've ever met. He was on an honest family outing and was avoiding getting recognized but treated myself and my friend with so much respect. Can't judge a person based on their public persona.

@Redcupcoffee Nope, completely real ahahaha Very wiry considering he's probably greying

Knowing that he is a trump supporter, do you feel a bit sick now ? I feel sorry for Shannon Tweed, but she knows what she married. $$$

@Funeralgirl No I don't, because I liked him for his music. Nice try though!!

did he show you his tongue?

@SeeCanU Sadly no ahahaha

@RachelLiz glad you like him, I find him disgusting, however I like his daughter, she is a good person. I appreciate good and decent people like Sophie.

@Funeralgirl good for you. If you don't like him you didn't have to reply to my comment.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33670
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.