Agnostic.com

43 6

Have you ever pissed off your neighbors from being too loud?

EmeraldJewel 7 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Never. I'm a rather quiet person most of the time.

Two years ago, I re-roofed my house. I played music while I worked which contains a lot of disdain for religions and governments. I know at least two of my neighbors called the cops regarding this as their children ratted them out, but I never got a visit. Apparently, I didn't do anything wrong.

I would rather creep around than piss my neighbours off

No but I've had neighbors who've pissed me off for being too loud

I also yell at the kids to get off my lawn

Yes, as a matter of fact. I roomed with a guy who was so proud of having a monster stereo system. One day while he was at work I put on Tower of Power and set the volume to where it sounded as if they were playing in the apartment. It was live, sweet, and so exciting. I loved it. The neighbors, however, didn't. It was memorable though, even to this day, some forty years ago, it brings a smile to my face.

SamL Level 7 Mar 8, 2018

There is a good reason I will always own a property with room. While I am in an apartment today, My house on an acre in Texas just closed 2/28 and my new 2.5 acre place in New Jersey closes 3/29.

I make noise.

I think my neighbors were more amused,,,as I have middle age guys living in the houses to my left and right,,with about 15-20 feet between our houses. Evidently, it happened on nights when I had gentlemen friends in, the windows were partially open, and I'm pretty noisy...you get my drift. Other than that, I'm a quiet neighbor.

They called the cops on me for singing to loud. Apparently they thought there was some domestic violence going on and a woman was screaming.lol

Boy have I ever. Band practice.

YES!!!! He he....

What about complaining about them not taking responsibilities for their pets actions and barking noise?

I reported my current neighbors for leaving their puppy in a kennnel all day, just barking and crying nonstop. Also the apartment has a no large pet policy.

Only in bed....well, first thing in the morning...ok I was sobbing 😟

No, I am the one who gets pissed off, especially at football season.

Yes. And then CPS and DEA raided them and it was quiet again

every year once or twice

Yeah, when I was young and I could still hear.

godef Level 7 Mar 8, 2018

Often actually..lol

N o i am more likely to be one of the neighbors.

Not in the last 5 or 10 years, or possibly longer. I think my neighbors aren't even sure I'm here.

No, but they've pissed me off.

Oh yes..................

Damn!!!

A year ago, some new Thai tenant in the apartment next to mine complained to the apartment building management that I was disturbing the peace.
I asked how, and he said my door hinges were making too much noise in the morning when I left for work.
The tenant moved a couple of months later, but it's rare that Thai people complain about anything. Since we're so close to the Malaysia border, he could have been influenced by that culture.

Not normally, we do have lots of social evening, no loud music, we are geeks. But early in the evening we are ooutdoors and soem of the guys, including my son talk loud when drinking. In summer teh pool area is noisy. But after a bit we adjourn inside, the centre toom is large and has no external walls so is very soundproof. A neighbour did complain when we had our housewarming 5 years back, but the rest said they heard nothing. And once or twice there have been comments about ummmmmm, loud affection. (not me).

No - mutual consideration keeps the few I have, and me, quiet most of the time ...

4th of July fireworks...yes. Visually pissed off...years ago my Obama sign was stolen the first day and last election my Bernie sign was run over or trampled many times. heh heh

When I was in my late teens, I shared a house with two friends. When we moved in, we asked the guy who owned the house if we could redecorate it and he said yes - and we spent a year making it look fantastic only for him to give us a month's notice to vacate the property, no doubt because he realised he could now rent it out for a lot more. So we decided that we were going to piss off the entire neighbourhood for a month, and got some friends who owned a very loud soundsystem to come and set it up in the house, then had stupendously noisy parties almost every night of the week for the whole month. On our final day there, the next door neighbours popped round to say goodbye and told us we were the best neighbours they'd ever had.

(We also bought a load of shrimp and hid them in various hard-to-find places around the house - he's probably still searching for all the sources of the stink now 🙂 )

Jnei Level 8 Mar 8, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34242
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.