Agnostic.com

12 0

Has anyone ever analyzed their dreams and if so, what were the benefits?

DarwinistOne 7 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have dream diaries going back to when I was seventeen. It is one of the most fascinating things I’ve done with my life. By following my dreams consistently over time, I’ve learned about certain themes that show up, images that appear to me often, emotions that show up a lot… all there… I’ve read so much information about dream interpretation, and I hear this a lot: “Dreams don’t mean anything. They’re just the mind storing and retrieving information.” Except, they do. Dreams can wake us up frightened, angry, frustrated, horny, confused, hungry… they mean something… to us.
I find that dreams are a powerful cure to writer’s block. Or even worse… they give me so many ideas I can’t even keep up with them. They help me finish stories, they’ve helped me write songs, and they’ve turned me on to some really creative ideas.
And to be honest, I don’t’ do a ton of “dream work.” I just pay attention to them. Many years ago, my grandmother passed away. I was holding her hand when that happened, and, for me, it’s been a profound experience. Well, she shows up lots of times and offers me insight into problems I’m facing, struggles I’m working through, and she compliments me on my work.
Believe it or not, this has a profound effect on my self-esteem.
I would say that the greatest thing we can give our future selves is a dream diary.

Coincidentally came across this today: [millionairessaying.com]

Women, sex....not hard to analyze.

I used to dream that I could fly in my dreams. It could be because I collected and read comic books like Superman, X-men, Iron man growing up. I never wanted to wake up from those dreams because in real life I was normal.

I enjoy my dreams, often very vivid and seemingly real. I am often disappointed to wake up. If I fall asleep with tv or radio on, whatever is playing tends to become part of my ream. Never had an interest in interpreting them since they really have no meaning.

A while back, I heard an expert on dreams on a TV show say that dreams are always about what is currently happening in our lives. They certainly are wild confabulations nonetheless.

Dream “analysis” is pretty hazy. I have occasionally looked up symbols that recur - disasters, stairs, water, food (last night I dreamed of an amazing buffet.) usually I look up the thing, think, “huh, ok,” and forget about it!

I often dream of floating, which means I would like to fly.

I rarely remember any of my dreams any more. I don't know why. Anyone else like that?

I rarely have dreams I remember, because they are rarely worth remembering. My dreams are simply a rehash of my day, sometimes they get a little strange, but upon reflection it is usually caused by something I have witnessed but over looked while awake, then my mind assimilates it while asleep.

Never, was curious about the falling and why I desire to have that dream again, adrenlin I guess. I once had a dream Rambo was trying to help me escape. Not really sure why it was Rambo I was a Navy guy.

I have. I very rarely remember dreams, but when I do, I know there is something being said. A few months ago, I had a dream about wrapping the head of my ex with tape even though my heart hurt while doing so. I read where tape can mean restraint, and it felt like a perfect descripription. I needed to use restraint when dealing with her. It helped my heart immensely.

We had several previous posts onDreams. I have serial dreams, predictive dreams and repeat themes.

repeat themes an d predictive here

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34316
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.