Agnostic.com

84 15

How do you de-stress?

I was a christian for 26 years and was used to praying through the hard times to feel better. Now that I don't believe there is a god out there in control of everything, I've had to come up with other ways to de-stress. Sometimes I just remind myself of how far I've come and what I've been capable of. Sometimes I take deep breaths. How do you de-stress when things are tough?

LisaL81 7 May 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

84 comments (76 - 84)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I make lists of what to do about whatever's stressing me -- steps I can take to make it better. And sometimes I just have champagne.

Orbit Level 7 May 8, 2019

I run 🏃

Look back on my life and appreciate all I've experienced, the bad as well as the good. Look forward and know that there's more to come...

Count your Blessings. Nothing to to do with god... keep your eye in your Potential and how much you are Worth... to yourself. Peace.

I destress by singular sexual activities LOL

...nature ,music,rest,good food,
pleasant thoughts,aroma thearapy,beautifull
sights&sounds,reading,hobbies,exercise,
like minded group support,daydreams,ect.

You are on one track - see my link below.

I bundle all my stress up into a little dense ball that dwells deep inside my diaphragm. There it sits quietly, until like the inside of a golf ball, it unwinds violently, making breathing feel impossible. It's a pretty good system.

[curiosity.com]

@FrayedBear that actually works sometimes if I can catch it early. Thanks!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:343783
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.