Agnostic.com

19 18

LINK Pastor Who Raped Adopted 14-y.o. Daughter Gets Lenient Sentence Due to His Faith | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Child rapist gets lenient sentence because he's a "good man". It's time we put athiests in office so we can remove religion from government and and judicial systems!

Magic_Spork 5 May 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It should be the other way around. All religious people should get a heavier sentence as they professed themselves to know better.

Anyone professing to be 'religious' is liable to do or accept behaviour that they wouldn't entertain themselves personally. It should count against them in any legal setting...

When I was on a Grand Jury a few years ago, we saw a few cases of pastors adopting children and then abusing them terribly. It now makes me feel a ill to hear a story starting with pastor adopting children.

The scary thing is that this could predicate a precedent.

just more proof of no gods

Trash!!

So the moral of this story is that if you're going to be a rapist, be a good, Christian rapist?

It will probably used as a new legal defense and taught in law school now.

A Judge as creepy as the rapist. 😟

Creepy isn't really the word I would use.

As a rape survivor myself, I have always thought that every rapist should have their genitals removed by surgery so they cannot ever rape again. Harsh? Yes, what they do to women and girls is fucking harsh too!!!!!

And the pain never stops there. I am a child of rape. I found out in 2001 when my "father" died.

I am so sick of the myth of religious persons beign "good persons" and gettign lenient sentences just because of their religious beliefs (which they obviously didn't follow).

Religion and Fascism are commingle Brothers!

Always lead by a very small group of men so to have everything they want, then just enough to control the rest of their followers!

Hitler loaded the courts when he took control. the religious groups stack the courts with their controlled followers!

Careful of that link folks I got redirected twice. And the sick bastard should become a eunuch

No surprise.

Buxx Level 7 May 16, 2019

How awful.

Trash

These kind of men believe that this is what women and girls are there for. For their use. If you look at how many conservative Christian churches condone child marriage, this wouldn't be at all surprising. In the Fundamentalist Mormon churches who practice plural marriage, men not only have sex with multiple wives (it's expected to have at least seven), it's very common that that they have sex with their daughters too. There is even a book out about all of this by the title "It's Not About Sex, My Ass". These groups may not talk about sex, but they should do think about it a lot and have lots of it.

Very true!!

A "Good Man" does not shove his penis inside a 14 year old girl. Period!! End of story!!

Disgusting system that protects pedophiles.

We should already have people there, that are not religious nuts! I do believe that a few can be neutral in our government, but they are few and far between!

The system is fucked up

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:347466
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.