Agnostic.com

23 4

Would you ever eat human meat?

Sorry if anyone finds this too dark...I found it interesting to hear the answers and reasoning.
I was at a little “get together” recently and people were asking strange and hypothetical questions...this is one that came up: If cannibalism were legal, without murder or disease, would try human meat just for the sake of trying it? Also why or why not? (No additional hypotheticals like survival) I was personally surprised at how many people said they would! These were what I would consider average, everyday people, with decent IQ and EQ. Not only would the thought of it disgust me, but morally I could not! Cannibalism has been documented in around 1500 species of animals

BohoHeathen 8 June 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’ve had Taco Bell so I guess human flesh can’t be that awful.

Funniest answer so far! Well done! 🤣

Ever eaten at a Red Lobster?.. Bleeeck..

Yes, I advocate killing and eating all self serving billionaires. The eating part is mostly because I don’t like to be wasteful, but I bet they’re a lot like grass fed veal for as picky and lazy as most of them are. I’m open to force feeding them for foi gras tho.

I got recipes ready to roll..mmmmmm

they would probably be very tender

@btroje They are so mean spirited I'd go with tough and stringy.

@freeofgod I’ll bet it depends on what kind of conscience they’ve got. If they know they’re bastards and fret over it they’ll be tense and stringy. If they’re sociopaths who sleep like babies and get massages every day they’ll be as soft as their work ethic.

I do not believe any of us know exactly what we’re capable of in this regard until we are in an untenable life or death situation.

Veterans are trained to deal with victory and survival

@BohoHeathen Good post. You certainly perked the interest of many.

Even Calvin considered this 🙂

I'd like to think not... but realistically if I were starving and there was no other food source, I probably would. I can't imagine any other circumstances where I would...

Eating your own species leads to diseases associate with pryons (in cows this is called Mad Cow disese). Pryon diseases were not uncommon in Indonesia while they still practiced cannibalism.

I did not know that...

@thinktwice Yeah, Pryons pretty much make yo lose your mind... literally. In the last Mad Cow scare, where other countries banned beef from teh U.S. NPR did a few stories about Mad Cow and pryons.

Michael Rockefeller disappeared in 1961 in a remote area of Indonesia. Many think he was eaten by the local natives. The incident inspired the farcical "headhunters" on the "Gilligan's Island" TV show.

Only from eating the brain and nerve tissue. The cows were being fed with processed offal including the spinal cords of dead cows. The headhunters used to eat the brains of enemies they had killed as they thought they would inherit there strength or wisdom.

[en.wikipedia.org] Kuru (Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease) => transmissible spongiform encephalopathy …

@snytiger6 Now we know how Trump got created. He ate poor people for lunch.

No! I also still remember learning about the Donner Party in school and them having to practice it. I was cringing while learning that.

Given that most people in western countries get grossed out at the very idea of eating dogs, cats or horses, I can’t imagine many would take to the idea of eating a human under normal circumstances. What we would do in a crisis situation is always open to speculation. My guess is that most would choose survival over moral dilemma.

boucherie hippophagique Horse Butchery

@PontifexMarximus, I lived in Lyon, France in the 60’s. The horse meat sales truck used to come through our neighborhood on a regular basis. We never bought any, but I can’t say if I ate some at my friends houses or not.

@Barnie2years I did at least once. The meat was very tender. Nowadays I just avoid meat be it from an innocent bovine or any poor animal just raised to end up being slaughtered.

I would say no but then if I was stranded and starving like the Donner family I don't know.

No. I don't eat any meat. Though I gave a few blow jobs back in the day 😉

So does cunnilingus equal fellatio ? Is 69 too much too confusing or just right divine ?

Don't see why not, unless evidence shows it is detrimental to health (of the eater)
Over the years I have kissed away plenty of blood, licked away at ladies body parts, eaten grubs, and all sorts of indeterminably sourced meat - - am ok with trying a human steak - maybe go medium to well done rather than rare

You should avoid eating the brain and perhaps other offals.

[en.wikipedia.org] Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease => transmissible spongiform encephalopathy … You might remember BSE aka mad cow disease.

@PontifexMarximus I was thinking more of the tender parts- arse, leg, shoulder maybe, or a slow roasted arm

That is the only form of human eating I am up for! Human lady parts, even saignante! 🤣😁 watched a French movie last night, three shorts from different directors called Private Collection. First movie deal with a stranded sailor who meets up with four beautiful half naked island gals. They take good care of him for a while, fattening him up. Then they start eating him alive. Start with his lips! 😁

Sounds pretty gross, Ya never know what you will do, if starving for instance. I do know the person would definitely have to be dead. I'm thinking I would rather avoid it. I do find it very disgusting and disturbing and not moral . So I will say no

Pass on cannabalism

Aaaaaahhhhhh, yes... I love children.... Well done! 😂

Doesn't sound the least bit appetizeing to me.

Under normal circumstances, I definitely would say "No"...but after seeing more than one movie on survival, I am not sure what I would do if it meant living or dying in the worst of conditions.

No

Buddha Level 8 June 16, 2019

No but there's ...

"Still no sign of land. How long is it?"

[vimeo.com]

Only If I had no choice..

Grapes of Wrath Steinbeck staged a scene where a mom gave birth to a dead fetus and her friends spouse is dying of dysentery....so they both discuss a bit and then she breastfeeds the dying man back to health.....that is my limit to consumption of human food never would I murder or eat cadaver

"Not only would the thought of it disgust me, but morally I could not!" … I often heard the comment: "If people had to kill their own meat, we would have many more vegetarians." I think most people would be disgusted if they visited slaughter houses at rush hour. Apparently Henry Ford considered introduction assembly lines after visiting the disassembly lines in the Chicago slaughter houses.

@BohoHeathen This photo is from our RSPCA website telling us about humane farming. I find it rather obscene. But I have vegetarian friends with carnivorous dogs and cats.

We are very strange animals.

@BohoHeathen Watching a film on cows, already down,with mad cow disease being slaughtered and put in the food chain instantly turned me vegetarian. That was probably fifteen or more years ago.

I have no problem using cheese, honey, yogurt.

At several occasions I asked students that question. Usually I eased into the topic of carnivorism vs herbivorism and anything in between.
What meats do you consume?

I remember walking past a shop which in passing I had identified as a pet shop … until I realised that it was a restaurant. Outside the restaurant there were cages containing: chickens, ducks, geese, rabbits, 3 types of snakes, turtles. I thought of the neurotic ducks spending their last hours next to the snakes. A child was happily playing with their lunch. There was one cage containing an animal about the size of a middle sized dog. I later found out that it was a civet cat. I counted over 30 different types of animals without even looking at the choice of fish and seafood.
On another occasion I walked through a small country town where some workers were just skinning a cat, which apparently can be skinned in different ways. Less than 200 m up the road a chef was just roasting a dog.

I hardly eat any meat without calling myself a vegetarian. Other people do that for me.

But the question of people's position regarding certain meats intrigues and fascinates me.

[en.wikipedia.org] +> to search
Uruguayan Flight 571
Among the 45 people on board, 28 survived the crash. Facing starvation and death, the survivors reluctantly resorted to cannibalism. After 72 days on the glacier, 16 people were rescued.

Several years ago a merchant was punished for cheating. He had sold canned human flesh to some people in Papua-New Guinea. The cans were improperly labelled "human meat". The bastard had sold kangaroo meat at inflated prices.
[en.wikipedia.org]

If you ever happen to ask some Asian mothers they might reveal to you that they ate the placentas after giving birth to their children.

[en.wikipedia.org] The Cannibal of Rothenburg

Bon Appetit

As I learned while watching my dog being born, mother dogs eat everything that comes out with the puppies. I am sure most other animals do as well.

Go for the arms, legs can be tough 🙂

gater Level 7 June 16, 2019

Here's a question for you: Would you visit the Body Worlds exhibition?

@BohoHeathen Well there is doubt regarding the origins of the bodies.

@BohoHeathen So you wouldn't be disgusted?

@BohoHeathen I am really just curious.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:361574
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.